WebArtz - The Web Design Forum
Welcome to WebArtz, Guest!

WebArtz is a nice place for discussions related to web designing and coding. We help our members to code their own website templates with HTML and CSS. We give them advice on various issues.

To know more about WebArtz Forum, visit the About Us page.

At the moment, you are viewing the forum as a guest. As a guest you can't make post and participate in discussions. You need to register and become a member of the forum. Click the register link below and become a part of this forum.

Thank You

WebArtz - The Web Design Forum
Welcome to WebArtz, Guest!

WebArtz is a nice place for discussions related to web designing and coding. We help our members to code their own website templates with HTML and CSS. We give them advice on various issues.

To know more about WebArtz Forum, visit the About Us page.

At the moment, you are viewing the forum as a guest. As a guest you can't make post and participate in discussions. You need to register and become a member of the forum. Click the register link below and become a part of this forum.

Thank You

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1moammar gaddafi shot and killed Empty moammar gaddafi shot and killed Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:40 pm

Fatal Dawn

Registered Member
Registered Member
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/10/20/us-libya-idUSTRE79F1FK20111020
The rebels in Libya finally got him. As they arrested him in Sirte they beat and killed him.
moammar gaddafi shot and killed 9k=
moammar gaddafi shot and killed Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRBIKy7cut-yc2oVsEr-W06gZEPB1QU6b4PRZIESCWyLPOvfvXU

Last edited by Fatal Dawn on Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:31 am; edited 2 times in total

2moammar gaddafi shot and killed Empty Re: moammar gaddafi shot and killed Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:45 am

Iathen

Iathen
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer
I'm not gonna see a video where a person dies, whoever he is. Are you sure that it is wise to post that in a forum?

3moammar gaddafi shot and killed Empty Re: moammar gaddafi shot and killed Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:13 am

RockerMan

RockerMan
Technician
Technician
FatalDawn, I am not a moderator. However, I have advised the moderation staff to remove the video from your post, this is a very explicit video, and since we have members under the age of 18 here on WebArtz it was inappropriate to post the video. The video clearly states that it's for 18 years plus.

~RockerMan

http://www.graphics-post.com/

4moammar gaddafi shot and killed Empty Re: moammar gaddafi shot and killed Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:20 am

Fatal Dawn

Registered Member
Registered Member
No, need. I'll remove the video myself. I see some of you are fascist types who are big on censorship. But let me say this was the exact same video that I saw on the national evening news. I'm sure most people have seen or will see this on their news channel.

Your comment is so unfounded and trifling Iathen, this isn't some child's video game. This is history in the making and journalism at its rawest and purest forum. It is wise to stop being such a sheltered person and learn something - like current events and being able understand how far these rebels have come just to achieve the liberation you enjoy.

Go to one hospital and you'll see people, crippled, in pain, in seizure, wasting away before your very eyes and I wonder how you'll manage. That's besides the point. I'm not forcing you or anyone to watch it; go watch some Disney channel instead.

5moammar gaddafi shot and killed Empty Re: moammar gaddafi shot and killed Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:15 am

RockerMan

RockerMan
Technician
Technician
Fatal Dawn wrote:No, need. I'll remove the video myself. I see some of you are fascist types who are big on censorship. But let me say this was the exact same video that I saw on the national evening news. I'm sure most people have seen or will see this on their news channel.

Your comment is so unfounded and trifling Iathen, this isn't some child's video game. This is history in the making and journalism at its rawest and purest forum. It is wise to stop being such a sheltered person and learn something - like current events and being able understand how far these rebels have come just to achieve the liberation you enjoy.

Go to one hospital and you'll see people, crippled, in pain, in seizure, wasting away before your very eyes and I wonder how you'll manage. That's besides the point. I'm not forcing you or anyone to watch it; go watch some Disney channel instead.

Indeed, the Evening news, I have no doubt that most people have seen it. However, it is still inappropriate to post the video here.

I did not imply that the victory was un-important, nor did I indicate that it was a child's video game. Indeed it is history, I don't disagree. But once again, no need to re-iterate .

Learn Something?! I've learnt alot, hence how I have 7 A/As Levels , you see that would be you underestimating people again. I understand fully how far the rebels have come.

I don't need to go to any hospital, I've been. My grandfather who lost a leg, my farther who lost 3 fingers, my uncle who was killed in action and my girlfriend who was beaten half to death by a bunch of thugs. As far as your last statement, when a video is marked 18+, it usually means it's meant for audiences of 18 years or older, do you disagree with the law?

You've been nothing but insulting towards the members here at WebArtz for the past 2 months and for that reason I have given you a warning.

PS.
5th rule down on the rules page
Adult material, whether nudity or violence is not accepted.

http://www.graphics-post.com/

6moammar gaddafi shot and killed Empty Re: moammar gaddafi shot and killed Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:53 am

Fatal Dawn

Registered Member
Registered Member
@Iathen
I apologize for what I have said to you. Smile I guess it wasn't a wise post.
Of course this wasn't anything personal against you, but this thread really didn't turn out like I hoped. But you know this isn't about the video but the story. We cannot allow our own personal trivialities and hesitations to obscure us to the events of our time. If you look at my other posts and articles I like to raise thought-provoking topics:

Construction/Deconstruction Universal Existence
Ethics of Care
Immortality/Eternity
Future Man and Machine

@Rockerman
You want me to admit I made a mistake fine. I removed the video.
But you are also insulting towards me. I wanted this to be a thread about the topic of a dictator being killed and overthrown but instead you come to me and hang everything over my head. I was not even talking to you, but to Iathen, so why are you proving your education levels to me?

It's insulting that you make me look I'm this bad guy whose sole aim is to take down the staff or something. I actually have not said anything towards any staff member here for a long while. In fact I even let you guys use the template for my newsletter and polished you a version that was actually free of errors. So yes I admit I've had my times. And you had to bring it up again. But you can't say that I've been "nothing but insulting"

You, Rockerman, and you alone are the bane of my existence. You can never let things go. If there was any reason for me to change my view of WebArtz it is you alone. If there was any reason for me to quit the staff team it is you alone. If there is any reason for me to quit coming WebArtz it is you alone.

7moammar gaddafi shot and killed Empty Re: moammar gaddafi shot and killed Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:09 pm

Iathen

Iathen
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer
Except for posting a video that shows how a person dies, you should've make a historical article.
Explain to whoever doesn't know who excactly gaddafi is and why he got killed.
(And what if news showed this? I think that neither news should've do this; you don't have to repeat them mistakes. TV always uses inappropriate methods to raise its audience.)
If you wrote an article, I wouldn't say that it was an inappropriate topic or post. But you just posted a video where people can see a death. What would've I gain if I have watched it? If I read an article, I would've learn some things about history and morality. But watching somebody dieing?
I wouldn't gain anything but maybe I would feel something. Satisfaction? Maybe you felt this. But I don't feel satisfied when I see a person in pain, whoever he is. Whatever he did, he was a human and it is against human rights to show off the video of his death in order to make people feel happy. What kind of person would I be if I felt happy because he is in pain? I think that I would've be just like him. And to clarify something: I'm not fascist. The news of gaddafi's death made me feel better, a way more calm, like this was a form of justice. But watching him dieing would make me feel horrible because whoever he was, whatever he did, he was still a human and even if he deserved to die, I don't think that he deserved to share this moment with the whole world who would feel happy for this.

And this is the difference with the hospital. If I go to a hospital and see people in pain, I'm gonna feel sorry and not happy for them. If somebody that I love died, I would feel sad and not happy. For the forum's rules you are not allowed to show this because it has blood, death etc. But the reason that I said that it was inappropriate was this. This video makes people feel things that none person is supposed to feel at the moment that somebody is dieing.

As it has to do about the warn, I think that you should just accept it. You did something that was against the rules and you also did a personal attack to me and insulted me with insults that had no base. As long as RockerMan is a staff member he pointed that you insulted me, and this was not a lie. I can't see why you complain to him about this and you try to make him feel bad and guilty as it was your fault (and you admitted that it was your fault when you apologised to me). Or do you think that forum's staff should let the members insult each other member and the members hat get insulted should defend themselves alone or shut up?

Anyway I understand that you had a bad moment but I think that when you have bad moments, you should just skip posting and think about it for some time before you talk. But I'm not sure if this bad moment is over now, as I see this pointless attack against RockerMan.

8moammar gaddafi shot and killed Empty Re: moammar gaddafi shot and killed Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:19 am

Sanket

Sanket
Administrator
Administrator

Thread is Locked to avoid any more arguments.

http://www.webartzforum.com

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum