WebArtz - The Web Design Forum
Welcome to WebArtz, Guest!

WebArtz is a nice place for discussions related to web designing and coding. We help our members to code their own website templates with HTML and CSS. We give them advice on various issues.

To know more about WebArtz Forum, visit the About Us page.

At the moment, you are viewing the forum as a guest. As a guest you can't make post and participate in discussions. You need to register and become a member of the forum. Click the register link below and become a part of this forum.

Thank You

WebArtz - The Web Design Forum
Welcome to WebArtz, Guest!

WebArtz is a nice place for discussions related to web designing and coding. We help our members to code their own website templates with HTML and CSS. We give them advice on various issues.

To know more about WebArtz Forum, visit the About Us page.

At the moment, you are viewing the forum as a guest. As a guest you can't make post and participate in discussions. You need to register and become a member of the forum. Click the register link below and become a part of this forum.

Thank You

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Create a website or Buy a website? Empty Create a website or Buy a website? Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:33 am

ankillien

ankillien
Administrator
Administrator
In case you want a website to earn from it (say by adsense), what way would you prefer?

Will you create a whole new site or buy a ready-made site from website market places?

Creating a new site requires lots of efforts for design, hosting, and writing content, seo etc. while buying a ready-made site may cost much but it comes with a design and content Razz

---
If I'm going to create a site just for adsense profit, I'd first try to search on website market places and buy a site if a good one comes at reasonable price; or I'll create a new one.

Which option would you choose? and why?

2Create a website or Buy a website? Empty Re: Create a website or Buy a website? Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:16 am

RSguideMaker

RSguideMaker
Registered Member
Registered Member
I would download a ready-made web template, find cheap web-hosting and just change the text on the template.

Simples.

3Create a website or Buy a website? Empty Re: Create a website or Buy a website? Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:04 am

ankillien

ankillien
Administrator
Administrator
RSguideMaker wrote:I would download a ready-made web template, find cheap web-hosting and just change the text on the template.

Simples.

I think its not that simple.

> Buy a domain
> Get a good hosting
> Download a good template
> Customize the template for perfection
> Write content (can take months)
> Add them to the template
> Upload the website
> Submit to search engines
> Work on SEO

It will take almost a month or more to develop the site and minimum 6 months for traffic to be built.

Buying a site will come with domain, hosting, template, content, search engine ranking (not always on 1st page though) and traffic.

4Create a website or Buy a website? Empty Re: Create a website or Buy a website? Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:34 am

RSguideMaker

RSguideMaker
Registered Member
Registered Member
That is a fair point. Personally, I would play it by ear and decide what dependant what on a) what the site will be about, but more importantly b) what time frame I have.

Last edited by RSguideMaker on Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

5Create a website or Buy a website? Empty Create a website or Buy a website? Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:23 pm

Charlesth

Registered Member
Registered Member
Creating a website is may be cheaper than buy a web site. If create new website it need a lot of time to develop it and upload it, after that it needs SEO work. If you want a web site for Adsense purpose only it need good content, traffic, design than after you will get an Adsense code. Better you look for buy a site, it is easy, if your domain is old and site has good content and good traffic, this will help you to earn good money from Adsense. You need to update or add new and fresh content on the website, it will help you a lot.

Last edited by Charlesth on Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:55 pm; edited 2 times in total

http://www.spinxwebdesignatlanta.com/

6Create a website or Buy a website? Empty Re: Create a website or Buy a website? Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:03 am

ankillien

ankillien
Administrator
Administrator
Similar topics merged

7Create a website or Buy a website? Empty Re: Create a website or Buy a website? Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:34 pm

opnsorsdsgn

Registered Member
Registered Member
Creating a new website is time consuming so it is better to buy ready made website. which saves your time and you can easily modify it also.

http://www.open-source-design.com

8Create a website or Buy a website? Empty Re: Create a website or Buy a website? Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:11 am

CodeMaster

CodeMaster
Registered Member
Registered Member
As a webmaster I'd say build your own template,Then find a good free host like 000webhost or paid if you want fancy features ( Paid hosting is not worth it). Then buy a domain for your site transfer it to your host and you got all you need. From then it's just all about getting people to come there. It's not to easy with the coding but the rest is simple.

Basicly these are the steps

-Code your site
-Get it hosted on a good host
-get a domain and trafer it
-get people to come

That should take all about 3 weeks to I'd say 1 month in total.

http://codehosting.co.cc

9Create a website or Buy a website? Empty Re: Create a website or Buy a website? Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:13 am

ankillien

ankillien
Administrator
Administrator
I don't agree with you CodeMaster.

Firstly, free hosts are not reliable due to their down times and lack of support. Paid host don't give 'fancy' features but all necessary features and good support plus reliability and uptime. You should choose a good host.

Coding a layout would take about 2-3 days but making it perfect with content, inter-page linking, on-page optimization etc would take about 15-30 days in total.

Getting a hosting, domain and uploading the site can be done within 24 hours. But getting people to come can take 6 to 12 months Razz Optimizing site for SEO, promoting it on social sites and getting ranked in search engines is a long process.

Ultimately, it can take upto 1 year to get a stable site and good flow of traffic to generate some revenue.

While, if you purchase a ready-made site, you get a fully coded site with all the content ready in it. You just need to make nominal changes as per your needs. These sites usually have some amount of traffic and search ranking, so it becomes easy to take it on top of search rankings and build traffic.

Thats my thinking Smile

10Create a website or Buy a website? Empty Re: Create a website or Buy a website? Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:57 pm

CodeMaster

CodeMaster
Registered Member
Registered Member
Then again if you code your own site you know you truly built it yourself and then all you have to do is upload it to your ftp. Like I said you really won't need paid host if your designing your site yourself. Now I maybe kinda wrong about this but I feel that if you code the site your self you've put in the effort. You can use a template if you'd like.

If you were to have a paid host with a website pre-built then you haven't truly built it yourself. Getting a domain if you've found your host should only take a good 5 to 10 minutes maybe less.

Now as far as SEO goes you can have people advertise for you and if what your doing on your site is good then people will come more and more. As far as time goes for submitting to each sear engine I will correct myself and say that will take all about 6 months. Or you can advertise on sites which should take 2 or 3 weeks depending how much advertising you do.

http://codehosting.co.cc

11Create a website or Buy a website? Empty Re: Create a website or Buy a website? Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:37 pm

ankillien

ankillien
Administrator
Administrator
If we get pre-built site with good quality, we don't need to work hard creating a new site from scratch. I didn't mention in my previous post that writing unique contest is very hard and can take months.

A free host can never make a website successful. If you are serious about making a real website and making profit out of it, a paid host is a must otherwise you'll definitely fail! I'm not going to explain the reasons right now, use google Wink

If you think you can get people to promote your site (for free), you are absolutely wrong! No one works for free Wink and if you opt for paid SEO services, they will charge lot of money.

We should surely take a look at pre-built websites which are available for sale, when planning a website for adsense or something. But if you are creating a website for hobby or fun or showing off your coding skill, you can opt for the lengthy process Razz

12Create a website or Buy a website? Empty Re: Create a website or Buy a website? Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:45 pm

jardinej25

Registered Member
Registered Member
It is always a better decision to creat a website than to buy a website.. Because you know exactly the details of the website you want to create compared to buying a website..

http://aranzamendezdesign.com/

13Create a website or Buy a website? Empty Re: Create a website or Buy a website? Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:00 am

ankillien

ankillien
Administrator
Administrator
Finding out the 'details' of a website isn't hard at all even if you buy a website Razz

14Create a website or Buy a website? Empty Re: Create a website or Buy a website? Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:57 pm

webdesigncochin

Banned Member
Banned Member
Do you want to create new website? and if you have not any knowledge about the website and its creation then you must contact with the professional person who can tell you about the whole process and about the main part of the website.you can contact here: web design cochin, LINK REMOVED
for more information. There all services are very affordable.

15Create a website or Buy a website? Empty Re: Create a website or Buy a website? Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:47 am

theunknowndesigner

theunknowndesigner
Registered Member
Registered Member
Id say creating a bran new one. Even if its time consuming at least you get...

1. The experience

2. The satisfaction you just created something from scratch

Now I use other peoples websites that go with the type Im making to compare and make mine better but that's all

http://www.poindexterworld.net/

16Create a website or Buy a website? Empty Website design Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:44 pm

Sherlholmes

Registered Member
Registered Member
Creation of website is better as compare to buy a website.Because If we design a website then its totally meet our requirements and we can easily make changes whenever we required. If we buy a website then its difficult for us to make changes in website because we need a lot of time to understand the coding that is done by someone.If you need some guidance for website design go to link: http://www.introspective.co.uk/

17Create a website or Buy a website? Empty Re: Create a website or Buy a website? Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:52 pm

hudsonkirtley

Registered Member
Registered Member
Hello
There are many different kind of tools available for web design. For logo design and brand design of company you can visit below link.

http://www.creativecentral.com.au/

18Create a website or Buy a website? Empty Re: Create a website or Buy a website? Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:22 pm

charleisol

Registered Member
Registered Member
Both depends upon our requirement. if you want a website for a compny you must create it and if you want to just to do ad sense then you can get a tempalte.

19Create a website or Buy a website? Empty Re: Create a website or Buy a website? Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:36 pm

Cyrusselster

Registered Member
Registered Member
I would create my own website, as i can quickly design website :Dso definitely go for creating new one and do seo on my own Smile.

20Create a website or Buy a website? Empty Re: Create a website or Buy a website? Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:04 pm

natyl

Registered Member
Registered Member
But if we want to create something unique we should design a page. Of course alternative is ready template, especially for beginners but is not the same. Honestly now we can find a lot of builder tools, so even people without experience and knowledge of html can build something original.

21Create a website or Buy a website? Empty Re: Create a website or Buy a website? Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:08 pm

DerickWilliams

Registered Member
Registered Member
I would prefer creating a website on my own rather than buying a website. Simply because we can make any changes according to our requirements when needed but in other case where we have bought a website it will be difficult to make any changes to it and it will take a whole lot of time to understand the coding done by someone else.

22Create a website or Buy a website? Empty Re: Create a website or Buy a website? Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:35 pm

DerickWilliams

Registered Member
Registered Member
Hi Guys,
I would like to create a website on my own as it would give more exposure to web designing and other aspects of SEO as well.Also there are different kinds of tools available for web design.Also by creating our own website we can make any necessary changes at any time.

23Create a website or Buy a website? Empty Re: Create a website or Buy a website? Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:47 pm

webmaster3388

Registered Member
Registered Member
I would like to purchase the web template to develop the web site instead to create it from scratches because it takes lot of time and efforts.
Pink Zebra Designs

http://www.pinkzebradesigns.com.au

24Create a website or Buy a website? Empty graphic design Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:35 pm

mocharlamanoj

Registered Member
Registered Member
what r the courses i have to lear for graphic designer and development....please suggest me.....

25Create a website or Buy a website? Empty Re: Create a website or Buy a website? Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:40 pm

mocharlamanoj

Registered Member
Registered Member
i am planning to learn web design &  development course....! for that what i have know.....the languages(tools) plz suggest me

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum