WebArtz - The Web Design Forum
Welcome to WebArtz, Guest!

WebArtz is a nice place for discussions related to web designing and coding. We help our members to code their own website templates with HTML and CSS. We give them advice on various issues.

To know more about WebArtz Forum, visit the About Us page.

At the moment, you are viewing the forum as a guest. As a guest you can't make post and participate in discussions. You need to register and become a member of the forum. Click the register link below and become a part of this forum.

Thank You

WebArtz - The Web Design Forum
Welcome to WebArtz, Guest!

WebArtz is a nice place for discussions related to web designing and coding. We help our members to code their own website templates with HTML and CSS. We give them advice on various issues.

To know more about WebArtz Forum, visit the About Us page.

At the moment, you are viewing the forum as a guest. As a guest you can't make post and participate in discussions. You need to register and become a member of the forum. Click the register link below and become a part of this forum.

Thank You

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Sanket

Sanket
Administrator
Administrator

Vote for the Review WebArtz Contest
"Vote for the entries submitted by our esteemed users."

Vote for the Review WebArtz Contest [Winner-Amber] Wa_rev_con

Hello Everyone Very Happy

Thank you for submitting your entries to the Review WebArtz Contest. The huge response is really appreciated.

Now, is the time for you guys to select the best out of these. Just reply to this thread for the person whom you vote.
* You cannot vote for yourself.

Russel wrote:
Vote for the Review WebArtz Contest [Winner-Amber] Yourfo10

Webartz Forum

Vote for the Review WebArtz Contest [Winner-Amber] Review12 Congratulations! Your free forum review has been completed. The forum review will hold many tips, suggestions, comments, and feedback that's convenient and voluntary for your forum. Here is your forum review:

Vote for the Review WebArtz Contest [Winner-Amber] Genera12 Generalities

1. First Impressions (Score:18/20):Soon as I see your forum index, I see good use of welcome message for registration, placement of affiliation button to the menus. I see you’re using simple theme but its glad to see that its so cool and nice.

I see good activity throughout the forum.

As soon as I saw your forum index, I said “Wow”.

It looks simple-professional and looks incredibly good. You have a fine taste in graphic use. Perfect color choices as well and since you have no portal.

I spot good graphical choice, great property dynamic, and loads of content. Everything is very neat and orderly.

2. Categories & Forums (Score:10/10):The forum looks neat. You’re using a simple and cool theme as said above. Going through the index, I spot that your forum sections are titled correctly and give away themselves without a real need for descriptions, great!

Quantity of Forums: Forum sections are equal in posts. Given the small size of your member base, this is perfectly acceptable.

Generalities total :: 28/30

Vote for the Review WebArtz Contest [Winner-Amber] Forums10 Forum Style

1. Major Graphics (Score: 9/10):
    Banner-As I said in my opening comments:

“You also have a neat site banner going on.”

The logo attracts to the eye of the user and makes it comfortable. You did a banner with site name area in the middle. Nothing you can do to make people more interested in your site because its perfectly interesting!(5/5)

Navigation Link/Text-The navigation link looks good with icons with them, the icons on the navigation links relate with every name of the navigation links, the other navigation bars namely the 'new topic'&'post reply' also looks good, nothing wrong with your navigation and your major graphics(4/5)

2. Forum Layout & Color Scheme (Score:10/10):Webartz, this fall’s web designing. The color scheme of the forum is simple; Blue, light gray, and white. It matches the whole web design aspect of your site, you have a different and unique color combination.

3. Images & Icons (Score: 9/10): The site is dedicated to everything about web designing. So I think you did a lot with your theme. I see a lot of theme now. The buttons, and icons are nice and i do see enough of the theme in the skin or in touches on the board. Consider making your forum viewable by guests then it has no any difference for members. It also shows instantly what your sites about. Going back to the button and theme consider adding themed buttons to your forum statistics section. It helps keep your theme going. As I already said a theme and banner would really tie it all together.

Forum Style total :: 28/30

Vote for the Review WebArtz Contest [Winner-Amber] Usergr10 Usergroups

1. Population of Groups (Score:9/10):Participation is steady and members get along very well together. It’s a very friendly atmosphere, and I’ll admit most web design communities are usually inhabited by people who butcher the English language. This isn’t the case on your forum. There are 2 admin, 2 moderators, 1 technician and 1 designer. All seem active and have high post counts. With a board still small I would say more staff wouldn’t be needed. Most of your staff seems active and posting a lot in threads. They for the most part are the main group of high posters.

2. Staff Groups / User Groups (Score: 10/10):There are a total of 4 usergroups on your forum, nice amount and set of groups, they are also fixed professionally, nothing more to say here. Great!

Usergroups :: 19/20

Vote for the Review WebArtz Contest [Winner-Amber] Foruma30 Forum Activity

1. Post/Member Ratio & Quantity (Score:10/10):
    You have nearly 11700 posts at the time of this review. The post amount in relation to your site’s uptime is rock solid. The quality of posts is very good. There aren’t >5 word replies, but more proper replies containing at least 1 or 2 full length sentences using proper grammar and punctuation.

2. Users Active (Score:7/10):
    Members connected during last 24 hours : ankillien, bearville world, Cool-Processor, Dawn, djpurvi, Dreamly, ecosystem, Green CoW, Iros, Jake, Joel, Kratos, madman, Max, micro1000, netsniper, Russel™️, Samurai, Sanket, zoids25

The number of users above out of 168 members is considered low, there are 20 users being most online, nice work, I'd seen guests viewing while I'm reviewing your forum. Send out weekly news letters to get the inactive members back.

Forum Activity total ::17/20

Vote for the Review WebArtz Contest [Winner-Amber] Yourov10
Overall Marking: 92/100
You have passed!

Vote for the Review WebArtz Contest [Winner-Amber] Conclu10

[size=14]What could be done to improve your forum:

Advertisements: There are no ads throughout the website. Have you considered using link ads such as Kontera? Or Google AdSense? They’ll allow you to place their ad programs where you need it, where you feel you’ll earn some revenue. Additionally, you can check in with your host to see if they have an affiliates program, where you can earn money through check (snail mail), PayPal, or hosting credit for your site, should you get a paying referral.

Overall Impressions: The forum is good so far. The banner could be loads better. A custom theme would be great to see. It’ll make your site unique and different from any other Web Design forum that comes about on the internet. Right now is your prime time to get your forum’s name out there and bring in potential members via any method you can that’s ethical, so no spamming. It may also do your wallet some good to look into advertising programs to help pay for the site. I recommend Google AdSense as a place to start.

The best thing I like about your forum:
The graphics and the simplicity of the forum

Joel wrote:I'll give you a very brief review.

Your forum will be graded in this categories:
-Generalities (40marks)
-Forum Style (30marks)
-Forum Activity (30marks)

______________________________________________________________________________________
Generalities

1. First Impressions-17/20
When i first came to Webartz, i think like somewhere in early January, i saw very nice graphics. Neat and a very casual forum about web designing. So i decided to join straight away. I like the fact you forum is very neat and has no widgets. The banner is simply perfect too:) I like your "About Us" navigation.
2. Categories & Forums-18/20
Sufficient amount and good amount of categories and forums.

Generalities total :: 35/40

Forum Style

1. Major Graphics-8/10
Great graphics! I like the banner the most, the icons are also cool as they bring some life to the forum unlike other forums with black and white colors.
2. Forum Layout & Color Scheme-9/10
The skin is basic yet nice! Its very neat. I would suggest going for a new skin in a month time. I dont really agree with sticking to this skin forever.
3.Images & Icons-7/10
Perfect. I like your affiliate image too:) Webartz have about 3 graphic designers here, they respond well to all the requests and its real nice. I think whenever this forum needs some banners to get done, there is no problem with that. Sanket himself is also a good designer:)

Forum Style total :: 24/30

Forum Activity

1. Post/Member Ratio & Quantity-8/10

Our users have posted a total of 7822 messages
We have 117 registered users
Simple maths, 7822 divided by 117= about 66 posts per member. Good ratio.
2. Users Active-5/10
Members connected during last 24 hours : ankillien, bearville world, Behavior???, Black Cat XIII, BlueSky, Fred100, Green CoW, Joel, MrMega, pimentel2, reave, Sanket, shamzblueworld, Unknown Data, zoids25 (15 members)
15 out of 117 members active. Not good activity if you ask me. You must really think of ways to draw members to Webartz on a daily basis. I would suggest checking the Suggestions section;)

Forum Activity total :: 13/20

Overall Marks

72/100 Vote for the Review WebArtz Contest [Winner-Amber] Icon_biggrin

The Conclusion

Webartz started somewhere in early January. Maybe you could write when this board was started in the "About Us" navigation. I think what Webartz needs the most now is simply members. The posts here are high. Staff all doing good. I think members can boost up this forum a whole lot;) Good luck with your forum Webartz, Sanket! Hope you like this review;)

Behavior??? wrote:
Congratulations!

Your Forum Webartz has been reviewed.This review Will include many tips and suggestions to help make your board a perfect and entertaining forum.
Generalities [27/30]

My First Impression on your Forum was Very much Excellent.You have put good use to the Homepage message section of the forum.The Skin perfectly matches and blue colour soothes the eyes making members to come back and back again, in fact that's a little secret you should know while selecting forum colour and the Administrators have put them to very Good Use.

The Forum looks very neat with full of activity at the first look and I am sure it makes any visiting guests to register right away.

Professional Webmasters while visiting your forum will know that you have ordered your categories and forum with a professional touch.This is so important because it helps members to easily navigate around the forum and that is one definite plus point that the Staff of this forum has put good use to.However I suggest Renaming the Forum "Suggestions" to something different like "Help Desk" which will allow members to ask technical questions about your forum as well as suggest New ideas to keep the Forum a better place.

Graphics & Layout [29/30]

The Banner Looks very fine and matches well with the purpose of the forum as well as the blue theme the Administrators have adopted.The Topic Icons, the icons for forum looks Very well, I think there is no comments on this part since its very fine and very well done

Staff & Forum Management [15/20]

I am not Sure How many Administrators or Moderator or Staff you got since the Page is not available for Members, but Overall, going through your forum the Moderation Looks Very well and have helped avert any crisis that might Arise.From my Personnel experience The Graphic Designers also does a Very Good Job and is successful in responding as well as completing graphic requests. I don't think we need Technicians here since Webartz doesnt code entire pages upon requests , and going through the activity there is only One technicain that have logged in and this part loses you marks

Forum Activity & Services [ 10/20]

Our users have posted a total of 12203 messages
We have 174 registered users
Members connected during last 24 hours : 50Cent, ankillien, Behavior???, djpurvi, Dreamly, ecosystem, Green CoW, Iros, Jake, Joel, Kratos, Macky, madman, Max, Reave, Sanket, SophieDophs, udarsha45, Unknown Data, Veljko, Zenith, ze_chaofan, zoids25

Upon calculation I found out that the Post Member ratio is seventy, which is an excellent work, but Out of the total 174 registered users only 23 of them are active which totals to be 13% of the total Member Base.This is Very low activity and you need to work upon things which will bring members back. I suggest sending out Newsletters to every member which will bring you back and boost your activity.

Your Overall Marking : 81/100

Conclusion

What was Most Liked About Your Forum: Though a Primary Skin, Your both Major and Minor Graphics are what was best Liked, keep the Good Work

What was Most Disliked About your Forum:
Your Activity was the Most Disliked, because there is definitely scope for improvement in that part

To Share Your Review, Copy this Code

Code:
[center][size=18][color=red][b]Congratulations![/b][/color][/size]

Your Forum [url=http://www.webartzforum.com/]Webartz[/url] has been reviewed.This review Will include many tips and suggestions to help make your board a perfect and entertaining forum.
[/center]
[b]Generalities[/b] [27/30]

My First Impression on your Forum was Very much Excellent.You have put good use to the Homepage message section of the forum.The Skin perfectly matches and blue colour soothes the eyes making members to come back and back again, in fact that's a little secret you should know while selecting forum colour and the Administrators have put them to very Good Use.

The Forum looks very neat with full of activity at the first look and I am sure it makes any visiting guests to register right away.

Professional Webmasters while visiting your forum will know that you have ordered your categories and forum with a professional touch.This is so important because it helps members to easily navigate around the forum and that is one definite plus point that the Staff of this forum has put good use to.However I suggest Renaming the Forum "Suggestions" to something different like "Help Desk" which will allow members to ask technical questions about your forum as well as suggest New ideas to keep the Forum a better place.

[b]Graphics & Layout[/b] [29/30]

The Banner Looks very fine and matches well with the purpose of the forum as well as the blue theme the Administrators have adopted.The Topic Icons, the icons for forum looks Very well, I think there is no comments on this part since its very fine and very well done

[b]Staff & Forum Management[/b] [15/20]

I am not Sure How many Administrators or Moderator or Staff you got since the Page is not available for Members, but Overall, going through your forum the Moderation Looks Very well and have helped avert any crisis that might Arise.From my Personnel experience The Graphic Designers also does a Very Good Job and is successful in responding as well as completing graphic requests. I don't think we need Technicians here since Webartz doesnt code entire pages upon requests , and going through the activity there is only One technicain that have logged in and this part loses you marks

[b]Forum Activity & Services[/b] [ 10/20]

[quote]Our users have posted a total of 12203  messages
We have 174 registered users
Members connected during last 24 hours : 50Cent, ankillien, Behavior???, djpurvi, Dreamly, ecosystem, Green CoW, Iros, Jake, Joel, Kratos, Macky, madman, Max, Reave, Sanket, SophieDophs, udarsha45, Unknown Data, Veljko, Zenith, ze_chaofan, zoids25[/quote]

Upon calculation I found out that the Post Member ratio is seventy, which is an excellent work, but Out of the total 174 registered users only 23 of them are active which totals to be 13% of the total Member Base.This is Very low activity and you need to work upon things which will bring members back. I suggest sending out Newsletters to every member which will bring you back and boost your activity.

[center][size=18][color=green][b]Your Overall Marking : 81/100[/b][/color][/size]

[size=18][color=Brown][b]Conclusion[/b][/color][/size][/center]

[color=blue][i][b]What was Most Liked About Your Forum:[/b][/i] [/color]Though a Primary Skin, Your both Major and Minor Graphics are what was best Liked, keep the Good Work
[b][i][color=blue]
What was Most Disliked About your Forum:[/b][/i][/color]Your Activity was the Most Disliked, because there is definitely scope for improvement in that part

Amber wrote:
Vote for the Review WebArtz Contest [Winner-Amber] Ilke34
Vote for the Review WebArtz Contest [Winner-Amber] Info-icon GeneralitiesVote for the Review WebArtz Contest [Winner-Amber] Info-icon
When I opened your link I first saw the forum; and I liked that. No portal or homepage in the way of what I came for (The forum). The next thing I did was scroll across the forums, and I was impressed. I like how organized and easy to view everything was. It clearly said what forums gave support, so that I could easily find where to ask my questions. I'm not a big fan of forum icons of that size, as they have no purpose other than to look nice, but these worked for your forum, as with your forum having the amount of forums and categories it does it would seem rather empty in my opinion without them, and just bland looking. From looking at the forum as a guest, then as a user there was no hidden forums. That can be good or bad depending on how you look at it: If they only come for the tutorials or questions that others ask and such then they may never register, because there would be no need for them to if they were getting all they visit the forum for as a guest. But, on the other hand, if they do not see the forums that they would come here for and want to see, then think that they are not here they might not register because they think that their purpose for coming here is no longer because the support, tutorials ect. are not there. A chat box at the bottom of the forum really turns me off if you're going for a professional looking forum. If this is a forum about web design, coding and such, then why should there be a chat box? Chat boxes are more for social networking forums and such.
Right away I could see your forum is active. That immediately made me want to register and become a active member, because the more active the forum is the better support and such I can get, and the shorter time wait I can get it.
I see that you run contests very frequently, which attracts me, because who doesn't want to win something? None the less a very well designed HTML page. Nice job, nice ideas, and nice forum.
I see that you have a forum games forum. That will bring posts to the forum, but about 95% of those posts are spam. If you're going for SEO, pleasing Google, and such, then this is not very good, but if you're going for a funner community, and a larger total forum post count, then this is good.

Vote for the Review WebArtz Contest [Winner-Amber] Document-icon Graphics & Layout Vote for the Review WebArtz Contest [Winner-Amber] Document-icon
For your navigation bar, I like the simple look of it. I know on most school computers they disable images, and if you have a image only navigation bar they may not be able to register, navigate the forum and such. Having a image next to it makes it look nice though, and it breaks up the navigation links, so they are not all jumbled together. But, the images next to them are basically default ones, and compared to the rest of this forum, this is terrible, even though they match the forum. I'd suggest having someone made images that are custom made, and can be copyrighted by Web artz.
The banner is very simple, but professional. I like it, and it clearly shows the logo, title, and motto (or little saying).
I can already tell this is not going to be the best part of the review. The smilies. They come with Forumotion. Which also means they are currently being used on tens of thousands of other peoples forums as I type this. I'd strongly suggest making a custom smiley pack, or hiring a graphic designer to do it.

Vote for the Review WebArtz Contest [Winner-Amber] Pencil-icon Staff & Forum Management Vote for the Review WebArtz Contest [Winner-Amber] Pencil-icon
You have five users, that I have gathered from the "Users online in the past twenty four hours" at the bottom of the forum. That is a decent amount, not to much, as that may scare away potential new member be ause it may seem like a very strict, and almost scary for them to register. But you also have enough to keep the forum safe from Trolls and Spammers. There is no set in stone rule for a good amount of staff members to have on a forum this size, but I think that this is a very good amount Smile
From what I can see and gather from your staff members posts, they are all fairly professional and well kept regarding their grammar, punctuation, and spelling.

Vote for the Review WebArtz Contest [Winner-Amber] Diagram-icon Forum Activity & ServicesVote for the Review WebArtz Contest [Winner-Amber] Diagram-icon
Our users have posted a total of 13651 messages
We have 186 registered users
The newest registered user is ericphunk
Members connected during last 24 hours : 50Cent, Agent24, Amber, ankillien, BlueSky, CJCorka, Cool-Processor, crysis992, Dawn, dballerp, djpurvi, ecosystem, ericphunk, Fred100, geraldwood, Green CoW, Iros, Jake, Joel, Kratos, Krazy, latchy, luke, Macky, madman, Rehua, Samurai, Sanket, Veljko, Zenith
That's fairly well amount of members, depending on the date in which your forum opened.
The post count and amount of users come to about seventy three posts per user. That is OK, but could be better.
There have been thirty users on in the last twenty four hours, that I can view. Five of them are staff members, so only twenty five actual members that have come to the forum out of their own mind have come here, without the fear of being fired (Twisted Evil). That is OK, but not great. Only thirty out of one hundred and eighty six users have been online in twenty four hours. That means that about 16.1290322580645% (Or just 16% if you want to take the simple path of life) of your users have visited your forum in the past twenty four hours. Once. again, I will say that that is OK, but could be much better. In my opinion, a forum should have at least 30% of it's user active ones, or else the ones that are not look like Spam bots, users from exchanges or packages, or user who joined just to join a forum. If you're not already doing this I would recommend sending out either a weekly or monthly newsletter regarding the forum stats, recent contests going on, ect. ect.

Vote for the Review WebArtz Contest [Winner-Amber] File-edit-iconFinal RemarksVote for the Review WebArtz Contest [Winner-Amber] File-edit-icon
I think if you tweeked the smilies, and edited some of the things that I mentioned above the forum would be perfect in my opinion, even though this is already one of the most well designed and managed forums I have had the pleasure to find.

84/100

Last edited by Sanket on Mon May 31, 2010 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.webartzforum.com

shamzblueworld

shamzblueworld
Registered Member
Registered Member
I am voting for Amber. She has done a good job.

Behavior???

Registered Member
Registered Member
Russel!

http://www.thedungeons.info

Iros

Iros
Registered Member
Registered Member
I'm voting for Russel .

http://graphicdesign.forumo.biz/forum.htm

Jophy

Jophy
Registered Member
Registered Member
Wow, those are really nice reviews, Just red them a while ago Smile ... can I send my vote via pm to you Sanket?

http://www.socialtechforum.com/

Joel

Joel
Registered Member
Registered Member
aww man, no votes for me yet Sad

http://www.advertisehotspot.info/

Unknown Data

Unknown Data
Registered Member
Registered Member
I voted Russel - nice job dude. Wink

http://woops.dk

Sanket

Sanket
Administrator
Administrator
zoids25 wrote:Wow, those are really nice reviews, Just red them a while ago Smile ... can I send my vote via pm to you Sanket?

Fair enough, if you wish to Wink

Krazy

Registered Member
Registered Member
Russel or Amber. Both very very well done.

madman

madman
Registered Member
Registered Member
Amber, Nice Work!

http://www.sports-chat.forumotion.com/index.htm

Russel

Russel
Thanks guys.

https://www.twitter.com/russeltubo

Sanket

Sanket
Administrator
Administrator
Krazy wrote:Russel or Amber. Both very very well done.

Provide us with a single vote please.

Joel

Joel
Registered Member
Registered Member
hi, i like to vote for Amber please Smile

Dreamly

Dreamly
Registered Member
Registered Member
I vote for Amber.

http://www.sparkchat.net

Sanket

Sanket
Administrator
Administrator
Keep your votes coming in Smile

Fellon

Fellon
Registered Member
Registered Member
My vote is for Russel ^^

http://revoken.deviantart.com/

Green CoW

Green CoW
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer
This time it was really, really hard...I've been reading through and inspecting these reviews a couple of times now, and I think I will give my vote to Russel

Matti

Matti
Registered Member
Registered Member
I'm voting for Russel

http://csshelp.forumotion.net/

iJerick

iJerick
Registered Member
Registered Member
Amber for me.. xD

Joel

Joel
Registered Member
Registered Member
All the best to all participants! Smile

Amber XD

djpurvi

djpurvi
Registered Member
Registered Member
amber by me.

http://winxclubmembers.vampire-legend.com/

ecosystem

ecosystem
Registered Member
Registered Member
Amber as well Smile.

Macky

Macky
Registered Member
Registered Member
Amber

Sanket

Sanket
Administrator
Administrator
Keep your votes coming in, contest will be closed after 9-10 hours.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum