WebArtz - The Web Design Forum
Welcome to WebArtz, Guest!

WebArtz is a nice place for discussions related to web designing and coding. We help our members to code their own website templates with HTML and CSS. We give them advice on various issues.

To know more about WebArtz Forum, visit the About Us page.

At the moment, you are viewing the forum as a guest. As a guest you can't make post and participate in discussions. You need to register and become a member of the forum. Click the register link below and become a part of this forum.

Thank You

WebArtz - The Web Design Forum
Welcome to WebArtz, Guest!

WebArtz is a nice place for discussions related to web designing and coding. We help our members to code their own website templates with HTML and CSS. We give them advice on various issues.

To know more about WebArtz Forum, visit the About Us page.

At the moment, you are viewing the forum as a guest. As a guest you can't make post and participate in discussions. You need to register and become a member of the forum. Click the register link below and become a part of this forum.

Thank You

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

1Global Warming Facts ! - Page 2 Empty Global Warming Facts ! Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:41 am

Sanket

Sanket
Administrator
Administrator
First topic message reminder :

Global Warming Facts ! - Page 2 Fightglobalwarming

Global warming is caused by green house gases, which trap in the sun’s infrared rays in the earth’s atmosphere, which in turn heat up the earth’s atmosphere. These green house effect warming is called as global warming. The effects of green house effect are visible more prominently in the recent years, with number of natural calamities on the rise in the whole world.

The global warming has happened in the past few years and is evident from the rise in mean temperature of the earth’s atmosphere. The main causes for the global warming are attributed to release of green house gases by human activities. The main gases contributing to green house effect are carbon dioxide, water vapor, methane and nitrous oxide. The largest producers of these gases are the thermal power plants, which burn the fossil fuels and produce these gases in large quantities. The second biggest sources of these green house gases are the road vehicles and industries.

The global warming has led to increase in mean earth surface temperature and thus melting of polar ice.
There are frequent melt down of glaciers that result in floods and other natural calamities. The melting of ice at the poles had led the mean sea level. And further increase in temperature may further melt the ice and lead to further increase in mean sea level, which will
engulf low lying countries.

The effect of global warming is very evident on the animal kingdom also. Some animals have become extinct due to loss of their natural habitat or their inability to evolve to the rapid changes in the climate. Also there is a change in their life style because of the changes in the seasons. The migrating birds have changed their time of travel and also their place of migration.

The effect of global warming can be felt on seasons too. There is shift in season cycle, as the summers are getting longer than the winters. This has affected the animals and made them to change their lifestyle accordingly, and those who failed to do so have perished or on the verge of extinction.

The global warming is also responsible for the introduction of some new diseases.
The bacteria are more effective and multiply much faster in warmer temperatures compared to cold temperatures. The increase in temperature has led to increase in the microbes that cause diseases.

Global warming is also effecting the crop production, as the crops are getting
destroyed by the sudden change in temperatures or sudden on set of rains.
Also the flash floods and other natural calamities affect the crop.

As a matter of fact, because of global warming, the earth’s atmosphere is getting more unpredictable with heavy rains in the areas, which have scanty rainfall or drought in the areas, which received good annual rainfall. The months of rainfall has also getting affected.
But there are some people on the other side of the wall also, they believe that the global warming is a natural process and cannot disturb our ecosystem. The earth’s surface mean temperature was even higher a long time ago, and the ecosystem has evolved from that temperature to this. So it can evolve further. But the changes that are happening now are rather fast compared to earlier times.

Source: http://www.globalwarming.org.in/

http://www.webartzforum.com

26Global Warming Facts ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Global Warming Facts ! Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:04 pm

Fred100

Registered Member
Registered Member
Geez
I feel embarrassed lol!

http://www.art-castle.biz/forum.htm

27Global Warming Facts ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Global Warming Facts ! Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:45 pm

Jophy

Jophy
Registered Member
Registered Member
well I guess we can't stop these smoke trapping the heat on the atmospkere unless we blow up our technology, the cars which emits smokes are unstopobble so i think nothing can be done.

http://www.socialtechforum.com/

28Global Warming Facts ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Global Warming Facts ! Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:48 pm

Sanket

Sanket
Administrator
Administrator
Yes, its not possible to eliminate it, but controlling is in our hands. Thats what we should do.

29Global Warming Facts ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Global Warming Facts ! Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:54 pm

Jophy

Jophy
Registered Member
Registered Member
I agree, but, what about the future Sad this is getting worst and worst, new people on the future generations will suffer from this.

30Global Warming Facts ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Global Warming Facts ! Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:50 pm

Fred100

Fred100
Registered Member
Registered Member
Thats the problem about humans
Everyone one of us gives up really easily
don't you guys know a word prevention?
it can still be prevented by planting trees!

http://www.art-castle.biz/forum.htm

31Global Warming Facts ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Global Warming Facts ! Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:52 pm

Sanket

Sanket
Administrator
Administrator
Putting in just the least of efforts from our side, makes a huge difference zoids.

32Global Warming Facts ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Global Warming Facts ! Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:34 pm

Jophy

Jophy
Registered Member
Registered Member
Fred100 wrote:Thats the problem about humans
Everyone one of us gives up really easily
don't you guys know a word prevention?
it can still be prevented by planting trees!

maybe it can, it can slow down the destruction of world but it's almost impossible to stop this, trees is our aid, but just gives the earth longer lives bu yeah, it will come to the point that this world can't hold on.

33Global Warming Facts ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Global Warming Facts ! Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:40 pm

Sanket

Sanket
Administrator
Administrator
Its similar to a human body, you can avoid all that you can. One day it has to come to an end. But, that depends on how fit you keep it. Do you want to die in 45 years or at 90 that depends on how fit you are.

34Global Warming Facts ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Global Warming Facts ! Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:41 pm

Jophy

Jophy
Registered Member
Registered Member
nice statement Sanket, I believe on that one Smile

35Global Warming Facts ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Global Warming Facts ! Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:50 pm

ecosystem

ecosystem
Registered Member
Registered Member
Since Sanket forced me to post here, (justkidding)
I will provide my insight.

Because society has finally recognized the issue of global warming, we can assume that they have some clue of what is going on.
(I mean the people who "don't care," so to speak)

Obviously, the issue has been seen that the polar ice caps are melting, which in turn, causes the sea levels to rise, eventually leading to people freaking out about the Earth flooding.
Also, it's true that reducing the Carbon emissions will help reduce global warming, but most of us fail to see that there is a GIANT hole in the ozone layer directly above Antarctica, whereas the sun is constantly beating down on the ice-encrusted lands, which I would believe contributes to at least some of the rises in sea levels.

Now, some 'smart guy' could retaliate, "But the sun's direct contact has no influence on how fast the ice melts!" I would then explain to that person that there is in fact, a reason that there is a hole in the ozone layer above Antarctica (the place that contains a population that is too low to even be considered) instead of the other continents (the places where the gases are emitted).

We know that ozone is formed when oxygen gases (not oxygen atoms) clash with UV rays, forming an O3 molecule instead of an O2 molecule. I believe we need to use what we know and stop thinking so bluntly about how the world works. Obviously, since there is a lack of ozone in Antarctica, you have to be sure that there is a lack of oxygen, too. And this is completely obvious, since land is completely barren, only inhabited by research facilities, which are actually using some of the barely existing oxygen.

Yes, planting trees will help the world a lot by providing oxygen for people to breathe, and providing a host molecule to form the precious ozone that we need (not want; need). However, I think plants should begin their lives in those polar regions, even though it will not drastically help, maybe the evergreens (that will actually live in those conditions) could change something into a better future. Since we can't change the whole world into a forest, maybe we can begin doing so in the areas which are at critical risk of global warming and take action for a better and safer future.

Wow, I should copyright that statement. Yes, these are all my insights, I didn't just copy and paste from some website, because I don't believe someone on the internet can change what I think about the environment.

~ecosystem ©️Copyrighted (Not yet Very Happy )

36Global Warming Facts ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Global Warming Facts ! Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:57 pm

Sanket

Sanket
Administrator
Administrator
ecosystem, thats some insight onto the polar ice caps melting. I never knew the details, i am glad you posted us with an informative insight.

Just a question, since oxygen levels are low up there. Hence, plants too can't survive?

37Global Warming Facts ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Global Warming Facts ! Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:05 pm

ecosystem

ecosystem
Registered Member
Registered Member
^
Plants need Carbon dioxide to survive, not oxygen. They basically reverse the activity that humans constantly pursue to complete every day because they take in Carbon dioxide and produce oxygen.

This is the reason (number isn't correct, but whatever) that 700 million years ago, when the colossal supercontinent of Rodinia erupted and shrouded the earth in Carbon dioxide gases because of the mass of volcano eruptions; the next few hundred million years the Earth was able to produce the largest amount of plant life ever theorized in all of history. You guys can read about it here.

Because there was so much Carbon dioxide in the air, plants were able to use this and produce their oxygen, leading to the highest oxygen levels in the Earth's history as well.

From all this, I am trying to say: we need more plants!

Last edited by ecosystem on Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:10 pm; edited 3 times in total

38Global Warming Facts ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Global Warming Facts ! Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:09 pm

Sanket

Sanket
Administrator
Administrator
Well, how will carbon dioxide be produced there?

39Global Warming Facts ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Global Warming Facts ! Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:52 pm

ecosystem

ecosystem
Registered Member
Registered Member
Hmm, that's a good question, but I would assume that since the arctic areas near the north magnetic pole have some plants, and the ozone layer is still there, then I don't see what would be different for the areas near the south magnetic pole.

Also, they don't have to be planted directly on the landmass of ice, but areas near it could work, such as the southern parts of the southern continents.

It seems my idea is expanding into a mess, and I need to rethink things, but heck, most of peoples' ideas are just theories anyways.
Thanks for challenging my thoughts Very Happy

40Global Warming Facts ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Global Warming Facts ! Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:35 am

Avian

Avian
Registered Member
Registered Member
Give me an un-answerable question please~!

Every single time this question comes up I laugh.

Planting trees helps.
Plant a flower. Win.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum