WebArtz - The Web Design Forum
Welcome to WebArtz, Guest!

WebArtz is a nice place for discussions related to web designing and coding. We help our members to code their own website templates with HTML and CSS. We give them advice on various issues.

To know more about WebArtz Forum, visit the About Us page.

At the moment, you are viewing the forum as a guest. As a guest you can't make post and participate in discussions. You need to register and become a member of the forum. Click the register link below and become a part of this forum.

Thank You

WebArtz - The Web Design Forum
Welcome to WebArtz, Guest!

WebArtz is a nice place for discussions related to web designing and coding. We help our members to code their own website templates with HTML and CSS. We give them advice on various issues.

To know more about WebArtz Forum, visit the About Us page.

At the moment, you are viewing the forum as a guest. As a guest you can't make post and participate in discussions. You need to register and become a member of the forum. Click the register link below and become a part of this forum.

Thank You

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1HTML Alone Empty HTML Alone Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:11 pm

David

Registered Member
Registered Member
You will come to notice that all successful sites integrate CSS into their coding, but have you seen a "good-looking" site which has only been coded in HTML? Can you code a good looking site in HTML?

http://dlsuite.com

2HTML Alone Empty Re: HTML Alone Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:20 pm

Sanket

Sanket
Administrator
Administrator
I doubt that.

have you seen any?

http://www.webartzforum.com

3HTML Alone Empty Re: HTML Alone Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:22 pm

David

Registered Member
Registered Member
Nope, although I would assume a lot of tables would be used.

http://dlsuite.com

4HTML Alone Empty Re: HTML Alone Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:23 pm

Sanket

Sanket
Administrator
Administrator
Yes, i don't think there is any good looking site with only html.

http://www.webartzforum.com

5HTML Alone Empty Re: HTML Alone Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:43 pm

ankillien

ankillien
Administrator
Administrator
I haven't seen any good looking site with HTML only but I think it can be made.
I used to make full HTML templates when I didn't know about CSS.
Of course, the pages can't look as good as CSS based ones.

6HTML Alone Empty Re: HTML Alone Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:18 pm

Is Stranger

Registered Member
Registered Member
i do not think this could be made because there would be no positioning, background, and such.

7HTML Alone Empty Re: HTML Alone Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:13 am

MrMega

MrMega
Registered Member
Registered Member
I think it could be done.
But it would take a minimum a month of getting one site.

8HTML Alone Empty Re: HTML Alone Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:15 am

ankillien

ankillien
Administrator
Administrator
MrMega wrote:I think it could be done.
But it would take a minimum a month of getting one site.

Oh! I don't think it can take that long.
Making a site template can not take more than a week.

9HTML Alone Empty Re: HTML Alone Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:12 am

karna

karna
Registered Member
Registered Member
I think we can make a good looking site with HTML only though not as cool as CSS powered sites Razz

10HTML Alone Empty Re: HTML Alone Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:12 pm

SophieDophs

SophieDophs
Registered Member
Registered Member
David wrote:You will come to notice that all successful sites integrate CSS into their coding, but have you seen a "good-looking" site which has only been coded in HTML? Can you code a good looking site in HTML?
How are you defining "good looking site?"?

I've done sites only in HTML, obviously using tables, and I reckon they're okay - but then I would be biased lol. I guess it depends on your definition of a good looking site.

11HTML Alone Empty Re: HTML Alone Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:02 pm

ankillien

ankillien
Administrator
Administrator
Good looking site means comparatively better looking site Razz

If you use only HTML, you can make a site with tables but the table layout can not be so flexible and attractive as CSS layout.

We can make a 'better' site with use of CSS as we get advantage of some properties like backgrounds, floats, positions and lot other.

12HTML Alone Empty Re: HTML Alone Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:50 am

SophieDophs

SophieDophs
Registered Member
Registered Member
Okay. I get what you're saying, but can you give me an example of a good loooking site that employs CSS and a site that's 'not good loking' but only uses tables?

Btw I created my very first site many years ago just using windows notepad and I consider it good looking lol.

13HTML Alone Empty Re: HTML Alone Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:52 am

ankillien

ankillien
Administrator
Administrator
It doesn't mean that only HTML sites are not good looking Smile

What I want to say is by using CSS you can make a much better site since CSS has features that HTML doesn't have, though you can, of course, have a good looking site with HTML only .

Get my point?

14HTML Alone Empty Re: HTML Alone Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:07 am

karna

karna
Registered Member
Registered Member
ankillien wrote:It doesn't mean that only HTML sites are not good looking Smile

What I want to say is by using CSS you can make a much better site since CSS has features that HTML doesn't have, though you can, of course, have a good looking site with HTML only .

Get my point?

I agree with this What a Face

15HTML Alone Empty Re: HTML Alone Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:07 pm

SophieDophs

SophieDophs
Registered Member
Registered Member
ankillien wrote:It doesn't mean that only HTML sites are not good looking Smile

Get my point?
Yeah, I understand what you're saying, but it would have been nice to see an example(s). No problem.

16HTML Alone Empty Re: HTML Alone Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:19 pm

ankillien

ankillien
Administrator
Administrator
The best example is Forumotion Razz
See the difference between phpBB2 and phpBB3.

Though BB2 is not only HTML based layout, it uses table method layout which uses more of HTML than CSS. And see the BB3 layout which is completely based on CSS including all the columns and cells Very Happy

Which one of them looks more attractive? Surely, the BB3 layout, right? Because is has nice gradient backgrounds, rounded corners and better margins and padding which make the layout more flexible.

You can try removing all CSS codes from a BB2 layout and see the page. It looks ugly because it was the CSS that made it look 'more' attractive.

17HTML Alone Empty Re: HTML Alone Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:52 pm

SophieDophs

SophieDophs
Registered Member
Registered Member
Ah I see. Mind you, it depends on which BB3... I've seen some pretty naff BB3 sites.

I don't know if I'll ever be able to give up HTML tables... it's so much quicker than messing around with a CSS alternative, I imagine.

18HTML Alone Empty Re: HTML Alone Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:51 pm

ankillien

ankillien
Administrator
Administrator
The look of a site depends on skills of the designer not on HTML or CSS.

Without using CSS, you can't add nice backgrounds to a site, you can't add beautiful rounded corners to a site, you can't add cool looking gradient graphics to a site.

However, its true that making a layout with CSS is very difficult while with HTML you can do it quickly. Only HTML based sites are never bad looking.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum