WebArtz - The Web Design Forum
Welcome to WebArtz, Guest!

WebArtz is a nice place for discussions related to web designing and coding. We help our members to code their own website templates with HTML and CSS. We give them advice on various issues.

To know more about WebArtz Forum, visit the About Us page.

At the moment, you are viewing the forum as a guest. As a guest you can't make post and participate in discussions. You need to register and become a member of the forum. Click the register link below and become a part of this forum.

Thank You

WebArtz - The Web Design Forum
Welcome to WebArtz, Guest!

WebArtz is a nice place for discussions related to web designing and coding. We help our members to code their own website templates with HTML and CSS. We give them advice on various issues.

To know more about WebArtz Forum, visit the About Us page.

At the moment, you are viewing the forum as a guest. As a guest you can't make post and participate in discussions. You need to register and become a member of the forum. Click the register link below and become a part of this forum.

Thank You

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reverse Simplicity

Registered Member
Registered Member
There is 5 things I hope are able to be fixed via CSS none very urgent, however I would be ecstatic if they could be resolved. My website

Spoiler:
I looked but was unsuccessful in finding why this was happening. the background seeps through for approx 5 pixels all the way across.

Spoiler:
Annoyingly no matter what I change the border (and content) refuse to be centered on the page. When I do manage it the border is clipped. is there maybe a graphic that I cant see that needs to be removed, or is it my fault with CSS editing?

Spoiler:
Topics don't line up in their columns they are all pushed to the left, also the same with the image.

Spoiler:
Code:
#main-content p:nth-of-type(2) {
padding-left: 100px !important;
}
after inserting the above code, it did exactly what I wanted (To allow me to slide the current date/time horizontally) but I just noticed that it also affected the content in 'the permissions of this forum'

Spoiler:
Small thing, home sits over to the side at the bottom of every page.

1. Looking for a code that will remove the gap in the border images. if not possible, then it just goes unsolved.
  2. Looking for a way to center the whole forum, its over to the side by about 60 pixels. There may be a graphic that I need to edit out, or it may be a CSS code.
  3. Looking for a CSS code to push the text and image to the right. Or this may be fixed when I center the rest of the forum.
  4. Looking for an even trickier code to center the time date. Or a code to push the other text back. If neither are possible. A code to delete the time/date its given me too much trouble!
  5. Looking for a code to either push it further to the right or, if the first isn't possible, a code to remove it entirely. This also may be fixed when the forum is centered.

Now this is a very large request, there will be no bumping from me as I consider it rude. I will also try and help other people while I wait, that way I have traded some of my time for some of yours (Not that they are likely to be worth the same)

EDIT 1: If you can please post them as you complete them. I wouldn't you to waste your time on 3. and 5. if 2. fixes the issues.
Edit 2: Problem 1 solved. Changed
Code:
#main {
margin-top: -16px;
}
to
Code:
#main {
margin-top: -21px;
}
EDIT 3: Embarrassing much... Problem 2 solved. Nothing to do with CSS had to update Admin Panel>>General>>Forum>>Configuration -> page structure -> Forum width. This error occurred because I increased the size of the images.
Thanks for the great work that you do on a daily basis,

Huge thanks in advance,
James

Last edited by Reverse Simplicity on Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

ankillien

ankillien
Administrator
Administrator
Hello,

Your site link redirects me to http://teentalk.all-up.com/
Is it correct?

Reverse Simplicity

Registered Member
Registered Member
Correct link in there now, no wonder no one was able to help Very Happy

ankillien

ankillien
Administrator
Administrator
Ok,

1) This code would fix it...

Code:
#main {
margin-top: -20px;
}

You can increase/decrease the 20px as per your need.

2) Do you mean that you want the forum to be centered on the page? It is already center aligned.

3) This code would fix it...

Code:
.topics .dterm {
padding-left: 45px !important;
}

4) I don't think it can be fixed unless you have template editing.

5) Here is the fix...

Code:
.footer-home {
padding-left: 20px;
}

Reverse Simplicity

Registered Member
Registered Member
EDIT 1: If you can please post them as you complete them. I wouldn't you to waste your time on 3. and 5. if 2. fixes the issues.
Edit 2: Problem 1 solved. Changed
Code:
#main {
margin-top: -16px;
}
to
Code:
#main {
margin-top: -21px;
}
EDIT 3: Embarrassing much... Problem 2 solved. Nothing to do with CSS had to update Admin Panel>>General>>Forum>>Configuration -> page structure -> Forum width. This error occurred because I increased the size of the images.
Thanks for the great work that you do on a daily basis,

Huge thanks in advance,
James
In my first post I had edits at the bottom, I didn't just sit around and wait, I managed to solve two all by myself. Thanks for the help with the others Very Happy

Possibility of hiding the date/time its so hard to do anything with it.

ankillien

ankillien
Administrator
Administrator
Reverse Simplicity wrote:Possibility of hiding the date/time its so hard to do anything with it.

Yes, its hard to hide the date and time. I'll try writing a javascript that can hide it.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum