WebArtz - The Web Design Forum
Welcome to WebArtz, Guest!

WebArtz is a nice place for discussions related to web designing and coding. We help our members to code their own website templates with HTML and CSS. We give them advice on various issues.

To know more about WebArtz Forum, visit the About Us page.

At the moment, you are viewing the forum as a guest. As a guest you can't make post and participate in discussions. You need to register and become a member of the forum. Click the register link below and become a part of this forum.

Thank You

WebArtz - The Web Design Forum
Welcome to WebArtz, Guest!

WebArtz is a nice place for discussions related to web designing and coding. We help our members to code their own website templates with HTML and CSS. We give them advice on various issues.

To know more about WebArtz Forum, visit the About Us page.

At the moment, you are viewing the forum as a guest. As a guest you can't make post and participate in discussions. You need to register and become a member of the forum. Click the register link below and become a part of this forum.

Thank You

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Learning all about coding Empty Learning all about coding Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:50 am

Agent24

Agent24
Registered Member
Registered Member
I was just wondering where I could learn a lot about coding. I have read most of the tutorials here but I want to learn even more so I can start converting all of my psd web designs to html and see it go to work. Very Happy Do I need some sort of program? What is recommend? I am interested in learning more about coding but I don't know how or where to start. Also, do any of you know any good sites/resources that would help me?
Thanks!
Agent

2Learning all about coding Empty Re: Learning all about coding Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:19 pm

ankillien

ankillien
Administrator
Administrator
Just keep reading tutorials, practice them. Thats the way to learn Smile I recommend google.com Razz It will provide everything you need.

When you are learning something from a tutorial, don't try to skip anything and don't move to next chapter until you have understood the current one properly.

3Learning all about coding Empty Re: Learning all about coding Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:32 pm

YanOri

YanOri
Registered Member
Registered Member
ankillien wrote: don't try to skip anything and don't move to next chapter until you have understood the current one properly.
Soo true.

When i started, i did so with w3schools, i stopped there as i didn't need to know much about html and css to learn php.
I'm learning php Smile

4Learning all about coding Empty Re: Learning all about coding Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:47 pm

Agent24

Agent24
Registered Member
Registered Member
Thanks for the tip guys Very Happy but one more question, do I need any type of program? Also is JavaScript a program or just a type of coding?

5Learning all about coding Empty Re: Learning all about coding Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:54 pm

ankillien

ankillien
Administrator
Administrator
You don't need a program.
All you need is a good browser (Firefox or Chrome) which you already have and a text editor. Notepad would work.

JavaScript is just a type of coding, you don't need to install it since it is already installed in a web browser.

6Learning all about coding Empty Re: Learning all about coding Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:57 pm

Agent24

Agent24
Registered Member
Registered Member
I see, but then why do people have dreamweaver? Does it like help you more?

7Learning all about coding Empty Re: Learning all about coding Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:04 am

ankillien

ankillien
Administrator
Administrator
Agent24 wrote:I see, but then why do people have dreamweaver? Does it like help you more?

Yes, if you use softwares, it will help you.

Dreamveawer has syntax highlighting feature which applies different colors for tags, attributes, values, brackets etc so its easier to read the code.

Also, it has a suggestion feature which will suggest you the tags while you are typing.

It has many other features which can make coding easier but a simple software like Notepad can also do the trick. If you are new to coding, you should use such software Smile

8Learning all about coding Empty Re: Learning all about coding Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:06 am

i personally dont use dreamwaever,find it useless and for n00000bs.
Use Editapad Lite,notepad or Espresso if you are using a mac,or just an online html editor Smile

9Learning all about coding Empty Re: Learning all about coding Sat Dec 25, 2010 7:14 am

Agent24

Agent24
Registered Member
Registered Member
I see. Thanks Nick and ankillien Very Happy

10Learning all about coding Empty Re: Learning all about coding Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:43 am

ankillien

ankillien
Administrator
Administrator
If you are starting out, DW would be great tool.
And it is not for just noobs. It has tools for from noobs to pro coders Wink

I don't prefer DW since it has way too many features that make it heavy Razz All I want from an editor is syntax highlighting, folding and tabbed interface. I get this much from Notepad++.

11Learning all about coding Empty Re: Learning all about coding Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:06 pm

ankillien wrote:If you are starting out, DW would be great tool.

just cant stand all these "tools" ,prefer using my own brain to make the code Very Happy

12Learning all about coding Empty Re: Learning all about coding Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:21 pm

ankillien

ankillien
Administrator
Administrator
Nick wrote:
ankillien wrote:If you are starting out, DW would be great tool.

just cant stand all these "tools" ,prefer using my own brain to make the code Very Happy

Change your thinking. DW is not for noobs and learning. You can disable the code suggestion tool if you want Razz And suggestion feature is not the only thing that DW provides. There are many features for pro coders that we won't even know about.

DW is as professional as Photoshop and Flash. As you see, all these softwares can be used by beginners as well as experts.

13Learning all about coding Empty Re: Learning all about coding Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:42 am

Agent24

Agent24
Registered Member
Registered Member
I have one more question, do you know any sites that have good DW tutorials for beginners?

14Learning all about coding Empty Re: Learning all about coding Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:42 pm

ankillien

ankillien
Administrator
Administrator
I don't have any DW tut site in mind atm. You can search on google.

15Learning all about coding Empty Re: Learning all about coding Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:43 pm

Agent24

Agent24
Registered Member
Registered Member
I have searched for something that tells what everything does but was unsuccessful. It's easier to find the correct ps tutorial Razz

16Learning all about coding Empty Re: Learning all about coding Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:46 pm

ankillien

ankillien
Administrator
Administrator
But I don't think you need tuts for DW. Its so simple. Just create a new file and start coding.

You might need to read HTML tuts but not DW tuts.

17Learning all about coding Empty Re: Learning all about coding Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:19 am

Agent24

Agent24
Registered Member
Registered Member
Well I don't know what everything on it does. I think it would help if I knew what everything does, right?

18Learning all about coding Empty Re: Learning all about coding Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:33 am

Well for me the best way to learn something new is:

=>Open a tab with an HTML editor
=>Open a site with HTML/CSS/JQuery etc.

then i just grab the codes and experiment with them.Then i say them tomyself loud and type them until i learn them.

19Learning all about coding Empty Re: Learning all about coding Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:43 am

Agent24

Agent24
Registered Member
Registered Member
well that doesn't really teach you about DW

20Learning all about coding Empty Re: Learning all about coding Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:45 am

Agent24 wrote:well that doesn't really teach you about DW

XD

didnt see you were talking about DW Embarassed
just added more info to your first question Razz

21Learning all about coding Empty Re: Learning all about coding Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:09 am

Green CoW

Green CoW
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer
Search "dreamweaver tutorial" and you'll get a bunch of tutorial links

22Learning all about coding Empty Re: Learning all about coding Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:11 am

Terry Harvey

Terry Harvey
Registered Member
Registered Member
Check this guy out

https://www.youtube.com/user/thenewboston?blend=1&ob=4#g/u

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum