WebArtz - The Web Design Forum
Welcome to WebArtz, Guest!

WebArtz is a nice place for discussions related to web designing and coding. We help our members to code their own website templates with HTML and CSS. We give them advice on various issues.

To know more about WebArtz Forum, visit the About Us page.

At the moment, you are viewing the forum as a guest. As a guest you can't make post and participate in discussions. You need to register and become a member of the forum. Click the register link below and become a part of this forum.

Thank You

WebArtz - The Web Design Forum
Welcome to WebArtz, Guest!

WebArtz is a nice place for discussions related to web designing and coding. We help our members to code their own website templates with HTML and CSS. We give them advice on various issues.

To know more about WebArtz Forum, visit the About Us page.

At the moment, you are viewing the forum as a guest. As a guest you can't make post and participate in discussions. You need to register and become a member of the forum. Click the register link below and become a part of this forum.

Thank You

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1How do you code? Empty How do you code? Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:25 pm

RockerMan

RockerMan
Technician
Technician
By this I mean do you use cammel case like this:

Code:
#topContainer

all Lowercase?
Code:
#topcontainer

capitalized?
Code:
#TopContainer

all upper-case?
Code:
#TOPCONTAINER

For me it is camel case, This is because I do alot of Javascript and PHP so It just happens by default I guess Razz

Also, how do you structure your CSS?
For me I will make a seperate file for my reset and include it, then I'll make my master style and call it "master.css" and structure it like this:
How do you code? Test10

Structure styles:
I use this bit for things like float classes and if i'm using the 960 grid I'll put the coloums in there. I also but the body styling in there to as it's the main structure.

General Styles:
This is where they styling for my general elements go, in this example a CSS3 log-in form that I've just finished. Within this bit I will have a ton of comment say what part is what.

Quick Tip: When you want to float something rather then adding it to the element, add a class of fl or fr then add them into the structure of your CSS like I have. Makes for much easier and cleaner coding.

So for example:
Code:
<div id="topContainer" class="fr">ContentGoes Here</div>

So now this element will be floated to the right.

Thanks,
Rob

http://www.graphics-post.com/

2How do you code? Empty Re: How do you code? Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:13 am

Russel

Russel
Cool. I do code basic CSS. But i haven't tried to code PHP and Javascript.

https://www.twitter.com/russeltubo

3How do you code? Empty Re: How do you code? Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:04 pm

Axtrix

Axtrix
Registered Member
Registered Member
y use lowercase for all

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum