WebArtz - The Web Design Forum
Welcome to WebArtz, Guest!

WebArtz is a nice place for discussions related to web designing and coding. We help our members to code their own website templates with HTML and CSS. We give them advice on various issues.

To know more about WebArtz Forum, visit the About Us page.

At the moment, you are viewing the forum as a guest. As a guest you can't make post and participate in discussions. You need to register and become a member of the forum. Click the register link below and become a part of this forum.

Thank You

WebArtz - The Web Design Forum
Welcome to WebArtz, Guest!

WebArtz is a nice place for discussions related to web designing and coding. We help our members to code their own website templates with HTML and CSS. We give them advice on various issues.

To know more about WebArtz Forum, visit the About Us page.

At the moment, you are viewing the forum as a guest. As a guest you can't make post and participate in discussions. You need to register and become a member of the forum. Click the register link below and become a part of this forum.

Thank You

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Solved Wordpress Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:33 pm

Mr.Joker

Mr.Joker
Mr. WebArtz
Mr. WebArtz
I have this new worpress website:
http://e-school.iz.rs/
As you see , there is about us, and tutorials in navigation. But when I add a catagory inside tutorials as Javascript and PHP, a navigation doesent separate those two. Tutorials are again on same page. Why is that?

2Solved Re: Wordpress Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:53 am

ankillien

ankillien
Administrator
Administrator
I think thats how it is supposed to do.

If you want the category page to show sub categories and not posts directly, you might need to edit the category page, category.php in wp-content > themes > your theme folder.

You need to first check if the category has sub categories or not; it yes, it should show sub categories and if otherwise, it should show posts directly.

If you need help coding that, let me know Smile

3Solved Re: Wordpress Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:46 pm

Mr.Joker

Mr.Joker
Mr. WebArtz
Mr. WebArtz
Yes I totaly need help, I am lost because never worked with wordpress before. So hard when dont know what to edit, I might f**k something up xD

4Solved Re: Wordpress Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:56 pm

ankillien

ankillien
Administrator
Administrator
Mr.Joker wrote:Yes I totaly need help, I am lost because never worked with wordpress before. So hard when dont know what to edit, I might f**k something up xD

Trial & error is the best method to learn coding.

To help with the coding I need to download the theme you are using. Can you give me the link to download it? I'm not sure if I'll be able to do it; I'll just give it a try.

5Solved Re: Wordpress Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:11 am

Mr.Joker

Mr.Joker
Mr. WebArtz
Mr. WebArtz
http://www.newone.org/dailynotes-v40-wordpress-theme-eleganttheme
There ya go.

6Solved Re: Wordpress Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:22 pm

ankillien

ankillien
Administrator
Administrator