WebArtz - The Web Design Forum
Welcome to WebArtz, Guest!

WebArtz is a nice place for discussions related to web designing and coding. We help our members to code their own website templates with HTML and CSS. We give them advice on various issues.

To know more about WebArtz Forum, visit the About Us page.

At the moment, you are viewing the forum as a guest. As a guest you can't make post and participate in discussions. You need to register and become a member of the forum. Click the register link below and become a part of this forum.

Thank You

WebArtz - The Web Design Forum
Welcome to WebArtz, Guest!

WebArtz is a nice place for discussions related to web designing and coding. We help our members to code their own website templates with HTML and CSS. We give them advice on various issues.

To know more about WebArtz Forum, visit the About Us page.

At the moment, you are viewing the forum as a guest. As a guest you can't make post and participate in discussions. You need to register and become a member of the forum. Click the register link below and become a part of this forum.

Thank You

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sanket

Sanket
Administrator
Administrator
Was just wondering what all do we do or what all that we can do to secure our computers from possible Viruses, Trojans, Spyware etc.

• An obvious solution, have an upto date antivirus. Keep updating the database atleast once a week.
  • Majority of viruses/spyware are transmitted when we click on links. Avoid opening random links from random people.
  • USB/Jump Drive/Flash Drives are also another source of transmission. Always scan them before opening them on your system.
  • The last option for any user when his system has been infected is to format the computer. But just as me, its a pain to really format the computer & backup the data. Every chance of infected files getting backed up. So always, avoid backing up exe files. That would reduce the probability of infected files getting backed up by mistake. Once formatted, start taking backup each & every fortnight of your data or whenever data is added. Do DVD's cost a lot? Not more i guess. So its always worthwhile to backup data. Documents can always be uploaded online. Saves a lot of work. When you feel that your computer is infected, just Format. Very Happy
  • SophieDophs wrote:Set one day a week to carry out regular computer housekeeping, where we ensure our systems are scanned by all the above programs, defrag the hard drive, and back up files. I like to do this on Fridays.
  • SophieDophs wrote:Partition your hard drive so that your data is kept on a separate partition from your operating system. My HD is 1.5 terrabytes and I have partitioned it into 3 drives - one for windows, one for data, and one media - e.g. music, photos, etc. At least, if I do then have to reinstall the operating system, I can ensure my data is safe, plus it's easier to back up when it's kept separate.
  • zoids25 wrote:I don;t turn off my firewall even if it won't allow some sites to open cause switching it can cause virus to enter to the forum when you click a random link while your surfing the net.

Provide your inputs, if not already mentioned they will be added to this first post in the bullets as a quote.

Last edited by Sanket on Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:57 pm; edited 2 times in total

http://www.webartzforum.com

SophieDophs

SophieDophs
Registered Member
Registered Member
Spybot Search & Destroy, AVG, and CCleaner are all weapons that should be in our arsenals against destructive viruses etc.

Set one day a week to carry out regular computer housekeeping, where we ensure our systems are scanned by all the above programs, defrag the hard drive, and back up files. I like to do this on Fridays.

Partition your hard drive so that your data is kept on a separate partition from your operating system. My HD is 1.5 terrabytes and I have partitioned it into 3 drives - one for windows, one for data, and one media - e.g. music, photos, etc. At least, if I do then have to reinstall the operating system, I can ensure my data is safe, plus it's easier to back up when it's kept separate.

Jophy

Jophy
Registered Member
Registered Member
I don;t turn off my firewall even if it won't allow some sites to open cause switching it can cause virus to enter to the forum when you click a random link while your surfing the net.

http://www.socialtechforum.com/

ankillien

ankillien
Administrator
Administrator
Ye, its really a pain to format the whole HD.
I do my best to keep my PC away from infection. I awals have my antivirus updated Very Happy

Sanket

Sanket
Administrator
Administrator
SophieDophs & zoids 25 points added Very Happy
Good tips !

Dreamly

Dreamly
Registered Member
Registered Member
Well, I've no anti-virus or anything right now. Just the window's firewall. xP

Also, the SophieDoph's tips I used to do, but I don't do it anymore. Really, nothing enters my comp. and when something does; MalwareBytes FTW!

http://www.sparkchat.net

MrMega

MrMega
Registered Member
Registered Member
Norton.

Period.

Sanket

Sanket
Administrator
Administrator
Dreamlimix wrote:Well, I've no anti-virus or anything right now. Just the window's firewall. xP

Also, the SophieDoph's tips I used to do, but I don't do it anymore. Really, nothing enters my comp. and when something does; MalwareBytes FTW!

Thats because, you are not warned about anything that enters your computer.

I just got help from geekpolice to remove malware etc, but in the process i had to format my computer twice within a gap of 2 months. Those are the only two times i got my laptop formatted in 3.5 years.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum