WebArtz - The Web Design Forum
Welcome to WebArtz, Guest!

WebArtz is a nice place for discussions related to web designing and coding. We help our members to code their own website templates with HTML and CSS. We give them advice on various issues.

To know more about WebArtz Forum, visit the About Us page.

At the moment, you are viewing the forum as a guest. As a guest you can't make post and participate in discussions. You need to register and become a member of the forum. Click the register link below and become a part of this forum.

Thank You

WebArtz - The Web Design Forum
Welcome to WebArtz, Guest!

WebArtz is a nice place for discussions related to web designing and coding. We help our members to code their own website templates with HTML and CSS. We give them advice on various issues.

To know more about WebArtz Forum, visit the About Us page.

At the moment, you are viewing the forum as a guest. As a guest you can't make post and participate in discussions. You need to register and become a member of the forum. Click the register link below and become a part of this forum.

Thank You

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Accespted Search Engine Optimization (Part 2/4) Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:35 pm

Search Engine Optimization (Part 2/4)
Page titles, keywords, url submissions

Hello and welcome to the second part of my Search Engine Optimization Tutorial.After understanding what exactly SEO is and how we can use it,lets start working Smile

Adding Title to your page

Adding a title to your page is highly important.Search engines place your website to the keyword results after analising your title.Adding keywords to the page title is also important because search engines place a high degree on pages that mention the keywords at the page title as well.The page title is defined into the <title> tag.
Code:
<title>Your page title goes here</title>
Your website's title should be placed into the <head> tags,with the keywords,css and javascript codes.

Tips for the best title:

• Do not repeat keywords in the page title. eg: keyword, keyword, keyword.
    Keep the page title brief. Including too many keywords may dilute your overall relevancy rating.

• Aim to use a grammatically correct sentence as the title, rather than just a list of keywords.

• Having an untitled page is really bad and there is no way for you website to be added to a search engine.

• Titles that do not describe individual pages

Almost half of all the badly ranking sites found in many of the major search engines do not specifically identify the homepage in the page title. Most websites simply included the company name in the title, making it impossible for a user to know exactly what particular webpage a bookmark or search result relates to. This is important for companies whose sites are likely to be bookmarked more than once, such as online retailers and financial institutions that provide online account access.

• Avoid adding your company's name first at your page title.

Adding Keywords

Adding keywords to your website is highly important.Keywords and phrases strategically placed and crafted into your website can significantly boost your ratings in search engine results.
Adding your keywords is pretty simple,use the following code:

Code:
<meta name="keywords" content="keywords go here, keyword, keyword, keyword, keyword">

Choosing the right keywords for your site

• You'll want to think about who is your target audience, and what the primary focus of your website will be.For example,your website is about your hotel company in India.What keywords should you put?Start thinking....What is the aim of your company?Where is it located?What do you offer?Here are some examples for the company i mentioned above:
    Code:

<meta name="keywords" content="Hotels, Cheap Hotels India, Hotels India, 5 star Hotel, Hotels India, Spa">

• Each page on your site should have one to three related keyword phrases that are site-specific. For example,say you have a page all about coffee mugs. Good phrases to target on this page would be coffee mugs, ceramic coffee mugs, or unique coffee mugs. See what I mean? They're all related, and they're all pointing at the same general content on the page.

• Try using Google search and see what are the most common keywords that appear to the search engine.For example,if you type the letter "f",there appear some suggestions like facebook,facebook login,face,fb,forthnet etc.

Adding your website to Popular search engines,like Google,Bing,MSN,Yahoo!

Here are the direct links for the submission of your website at famous search engines.Just follow the instructions and your website will be added to the search engine!However,notice that your website many take a while to be added to the search engines because there are many websites that are beeing added to search engines and they have to be manually activated Smile

Google Submission
MSN & Bing Submission
Yahoo! Submission
Full list of the most popular search Engines and submission links Wink

Hope you enjoyed my tutorial Wink

Whats next at Part 3?

• Using Headings

• Using alt at images

• Using titles at links

Notice : This tutorial is copyrighted by WebArtz Forum. You may not publish it on anywhere without written permission from the administrators.

Last edited by Cool-Processor on Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Joel

Joel
Registered Member
Registered Member
The tutorial is good. However, i think you can work on the tidyness of this tutorial. So much spaces [enter]! Also, i think its a little basic.

Nevertheless, great job Nick. I'm sure you took a couple of hours writing it Smile

http://www.advertisehotspot.info/

Joel wrote: Also, i think its a little basic.

these are just the first 2 tutorials.Do you think i could write the hard things at the first tutorial?i started from the basic so that everyone understands Wink

Joel

Joel
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oh, sorry, my bad. Great job again Very Happy

http://www.advertisehotspot.info/

ankillien

ankillien
Administrator
Administrator
Great tutorial!
Thanks for the contribution Very Happy

Accepted

you forgot to mark it accepted Razz

7Accespted Re: Search Engine Optimization (Part 2/4) Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:05 pm

ankillien

ankillien
Administrator
Administrator
Marked now Very Happy

8Accespted Re: Search Engine Optimization (Part 2/4) Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:27 pm

C.noergaard

C.noergaard
Registered Member
Registered Member
Very good tutorial but part 4 is the best!

9Accespted Re: Search Engine Optimization (Part 2/4) Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:33 pm

cashrow5

Registered Member
Registered Member
nice tut i like it and if it is in pdf it will be more useful

Thanks
Cashrow

Fake signature removed - ankillien

http://www.marblehost.com

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum: