WebArtz - The Web Design Forum
Welcome to WebArtz, Guest!

WebArtz is a nice place for discussions related to web designing and coding. We help our members to code their own website templates with HTML and CSS. We give them advice on various issues.

To know more about WebArtz Forum, visit the About Us page.

At the moment, you are viewing the forum as a guest. As a guest you can't make post and participate in discussions. You need to register and become a member of the forum. Click the register link below and become a part of this forum.

Thank You

WebArtz - The Web Design Forum
Welcome to WebArtz, Guest!

WebArtz is a nice place for discussions related to web designing and coding. We help our members to code their own website templates with HTML and CSS. We give them advice on various issues.

To know more about WebArtz Forum, visit the About Us page.

At the moment, you are viewing the forum as a guest. As a guest you can't make post and participate in discussions. You need to register and become a member of the forum. Click the register link below and become a part of this forum.

Thank You

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

1how to add down down menu in forumotion - Page 2 Empty how to add down down menu in forumotion Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:33 pm

blade99

blade99
Registered Member
Registered Member
First topic message reminder :

can anybody teach me how to add down down menu like here
-->http://www.noupe.com/tutorial/drop-down-menu-jquery-css.html

i like it because it really rocks!Rock ON

http://dreamland.canadianforum.net/

sgeorge

Registered Member
Registered Member
It did not work great.... I pm'd you the URL of my site to check it...

If you see the trigers are not displayed and it's style it's gone...

Thank you

Last edited by sgeorge on Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

ankillien

ankillien
Administrator
Administrator
sgeorge wrote:It did not work great.... I pm'd you the URL of my site to check it...

It is supposed to be like that. If you want it to work exactly like on the tutorial site then get the CSS codes from there and upload the images to your image host, then link them in your CSS codes Smile

ankillien wrote:@blade99
Then it could be there in index_body template.

@Nick, dion has spoken my words. I have posted codes from the tutorial site and not yours. Also, the drop-down menu codes on your site are from some tutorial site Razz and the show/hide categories and profiles are coded by me. If you search forums, you'll find those solved and locked topics Wink

So, we are not to be blamed if your site gets copied. What you are saying is that helping someone to install a drop-down menu (which is from a tutorial site and not coded by you) is UNFAIR! This is like an insult to me.

Refrain form posting such messages in future, my friend! At least think one more time before hitting the 'Send' button.

are you sure?Thanks a lot! Sad
You gave the code to blade,then spacca came here and he will take it and use it to his forum.
At Creative-Labz i coded(alone and took me 2 days to finish it!) our official shop(do you see the copyright at the footer?) he took the code and used it as his own creation

There is a greek proverb saying "Τα καλά κόποις κτώνται"(ta kala kopois ktontai)-(good things are earned with toil) which means that you earn good things by trying and not copying others.

And yes i had to use bold for this.
Dont care if i take a warning for that.
Since i registered here(february i think) i have been trying to help every buddy here with coding problems and contribute as many tutorials as i can.However,i dont want to see others copying works that have been inspired(or coded) by me and emilio.

ankillien

ankillien
Administrator
Administrator
Nick,

I know that the shop is coded by you and I never said that you copied it Razz

I am helping the people to add a drop-down menu which is not coded by you. IS THIS WRONG?

If some random person copied codes from your shop page, what can I do? Why do you blame me if someone copied your idea? I haven't given them the shop codes. So please avoid blaming me or WebArtz if some random person copies your site. You can report their site and get them deleted, thats it. We are grateful to you for your tutorials and thanks for helping members on WebArtz with their coding issues. But this won't give you a right to blame WebArtz, if someone copied your codes, that also without help of WebArtz.

We (WebArtz) have also get dozens of sites copying us. All we do is report their site and leave it on online guardians. You can do that same instead of posting such messages.

EDIT: It clearly shows that your shop page has been copied. I can suggest you to report the site and let online guardian take care of it. I know it sucks when someone copies our graphics or codes.

30how to add down down menu in forumotion - Page 2 Empty Re: how to add down down menu in forumotion Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:38 pm

sgeorge

Registered Member
Registered Member
ankillien wrote:
sgeorge wrote:It did not work great.... I pm'd you the URL of my site to check it...

It is supposed to be like that. If you want it to work exactly like on the tutorial site then get the CSS codes from there and upload the images to your image host, then link them in your CSS codes Smile

I tried something but I got nothing... Very Happy I will pm you the code because it is too big...

31how to add down down menu in forumotion - Page 2 Empty Re: how to add down down menu in forumotion Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:42 pm

ankillien

ankillien
Administrator
Administrator
sgeorge wrote:I tried something but I got nothing... Very Happy I will pm you the code because it is too big...

What exactly did you try?

You just have to replace the CSS codes with this one...

Code:
ul.topnav {
   list-style: none;
   padding: 0 20px;
   margin: 0;
   float: left;
   width: 920px;
   background: #222;
   font-size: 1.2em;
   background: url(topnav_bg.gif) repeat-x;
}
ul.topnav li {
   padding: 0 15px 0 0;
   position: relative; /*--Declare X and Y axis base for sub navigation--*/
}
ul.topnav li a{
   padding: 10px 5px;
   color: #fff;
   display: block;
   text-decoration: none;
}
ul.topnav li a:hover{
   background: url(topnav_hover.gif) no-repeat center top;
}
ul.topnav li span { /*--Drop down trigger styles--*/
   width: 17px;
   height: 35px;
   background: url(subnav_btn.gif) no-repeat center top;
}
ul.topnav li span.subhover {background-position: center bottom; cursor: pointer;} /*--Hover effect for trigger--*/
ul.topnav li ul.subnav {
   position: absolute; /*--Important - Keeps subnav from affecting main navigation flow--*/
   left: 0; top: 35px;
   background: #333;
   margin: 0; padding: 0;
   display: none;
   width: 170px;
   border: 1px solid #111;
}
ul.topnav li ul.subnav li{
   border-top: 1px solid #252525; /*--Create bevel effect--*/
   border-bottom: 1px solid #444; /*--Create bevel effect--*/
   clear: both;
}
html ul.topnav li ul.subnav li a {
   width: 145px;
   background: #333 url(dropdown_linkbg.gif) no-repeat 10px center;
   padding-left: 20px;
}
html ul.topnav li ul.subnav li a:hover { /*--Hover effect for subnav links--*/
   background: #222 url(dropdown_linkbg.gif) no-repeat 10px center;
}

But still the images won't show up since you need to upload them to your hosting account and update the receptive URLs with the new ones.

32how to add down down menu in forumotion - Page 2 Empty Re: how to add down down menu in forumotion Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:46 pm

sgeorge

Registered Member
Registered Member
Should I add that on my CSS Stylesheet and replace the links with my direct to the image links from a image host ?

33how to add down down menu in forumotion - Page 2 Empty Re: how to add down down menu in forumotion Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:47 pm

ankillien

ankillien
Administrator
Administrator
Yes, you can do so. If you do it, you need to remove this code from your templates...

Code:
<style>
ul.topnav {
  background: #000;
}
ul.topnav li {
  padding: 0 15px 0 0;
  position: relative; /*--Declare X and Y axis base for sub navigation--*/
}
ul.topnav li a{
  padding: 10px 5px;
  color: #fff;
  display: block;
  text-decoration: none;
}
ul.topnav li a:hover{
  background: #666;
}
ul.topnav li span { /*--Drop down trigger styles--*/
  width: 17px;
  height: 35px;
  background: red;
}
ul.topnav li span.subhover {background-position: center bottom; cursor: pointer;} /*--Hover effect for trigger--*/
ul.topnav li ul.subnav {
  position: absolute; /*--Important - Keeps subnav from affecting main navigation flow--*/
  left: 0; top: 35px;
  display: none;
  border: 1px solid #111;
}
ul.topnav li ul.subnav li{
  border-top: 1px solid #252525; /*--Create bevel effect--*/
  border-bottom: 1px solid #444; /*--Create bevel effect--*/
  clear: both;
}
html ul.topnav li ul.subnav li a {
  width: 145px;
  padding-left: 20px;
}
html ul.topnav li ul.subnav li a:hover { /*--Hover effect for subnav links--*/
  background: #222 url(dropdown_linkbg.gif) no-repeat 10px center;
}
</style>

34how to add down down menu in forumotion - Page 2 Empty Re: how to add down down menu in forumotion Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:32 pm

sgeorge

Registered Member
Registered Member
I did it but how can I make the background of the navbar to be repeated right and left all the time ? And how can I add the inbox in that navbar ?

35how to add down down menu in forumotion - Page 2 Empty Re: how to add down down menu in forumotion Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:05 pm

ankillien

ankillien
Administrator
Administrator
To make it repeat, you need to increase the width, in this code...

ul.topnav {
background: #000;
}

To add the inbox link, you just need to use <a> tag and add it in the menu HTML code...

Code:
<a href="/privmsg?folder=inbox">Inbox</a>

Emilio

Emilio
Registered Member
Registered Member
ankillien wrote:Nick,

I know that the shop is coded by you and I never said that you copied it Razz

I am helping the people to add a drop-down menu which is not coded by you. IS THIS WRONG?

If some random person copied codes from your shop page, what can I do? Why do you blame me if someone copied your idea? I haven't given them the shop codes. So please avoid blaming me or WebArtz if some random person copies your site. You can report their site and get them deleted, thats it. We are grateful to you for your tutorials and thanks for helping members on WebArtz with their coding issues. But this won't give you a right to blame WebArtz, if someone copied your codes, that also without help of WebArtz.

We (WebArtz) have also get dozens of sites copying us. All we do is report their site and leave it on online guardians. You can do that same instead of posting such messages.

EDIT: It clearly shows that your shop page has been copied. I can suggest you to report the site and let online guardian take care of it. I know it sucks when someone copies our graphics or codes.

Hey Anki, We'll you are totally right
But if someone works on a Proxy server and keeps coming back after a IP-BAN, I'm just getting sick of it. Also , mywiki has been reported to litigation like 5 times and still no page from onlineguardian.

Peace

http://www.graphilicious.forumotion.Com

ankillien

ankillien
Administrator
Administrator
Emilio wrote:Hey Anki, We'll you are totally right
But if someone works on a Proxy server and keeps coming back after a IP-BAN, I'm just getting sick of it. Also , mywiki has been reported to litigation like 5 times and still no page from onlineguardian.

Peace

I agree that it sucks. All we can do for such person is keep banning them. And if online guardians take too long to take action, neither I nor you can do anything.

ankillien wrote:
Emilio wrote:Hey Anki, We'll you are totally right

Peace

I agree that it sucks. All we can do for such person is keep banning them. And if online guardians take too long to take action, neither I nor you can do anything.

How about pming the code to the person who requests the code or disable the right click into the code box so that noone can steal?

ankillien

ankillien
Administrator
Administrator
That won't be a proper solution, I guess.

If more than one persons want to use the above codes, its fine. So, if I PM it to someone, no one else can find it unless he asks me to PM the codes and I have to PM the codes again.

The codes we provide here are open for public, even guests. They should be allowed to use it. But we have to stop them from taking codes from our HTML pages and forum source code. Disabling right click is not strong solution since it can be tricked. But I'll keep thinking to find a solution to keep the copiers away.

ankillien wrote:The codes we provide here are open for public, even guests. They should be allowed to use it. But we have to stop them from taking codes from our HTML pages and forum source code. Disabling right click is not strong solution since it can be tricked. But I'll keep thinking to find a solution to keep the copiers away.
Someone intent on stealing code will steal code, regardless of the protections you put in place. Some people even resort to taking code from private messages on boards they inherited.

To those posting code here who don't want their code copied: enclose the codebox in HIDE tags. In that way the code can't easily be quoted, and only those who replied in the topic can see your code.

41how to add down down menu in forumotion - Page 2 Empty Re: how to add down down menu in forumotion Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:34 pm

ankillien

ankillien
Administrator
Administrator
dion wrote:Someone intent on stealing code will steal code, regardless of the protections you put in place. Some people even resort to taking code from private messages on boards they inherited.

To those posting code here who don't want their code copied: enclose the codebox in HIDE tags. In that way the code can't easily be quoted, and only those who replied in the topic can see your code.

The HIDE tags would work. But our main problem is people stealing codes from our source, not topics. I don't think there is a way to make the source code completely secure.

sgeorge

Registered Member
Registered Member
Hello again... I added the navbar to my forum but how can I make it for guests to include the "Log in" and when they sign in to say "Log Out"... Also the inbox not to be visible for guests but to be visible when a member logs in...

thank you...

43how to add down down menu in forumotion - Page 2 Empty Re: how to add down down menu in forumotion Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:12 pm

ankillien

ankillien
Administrator
Administrator
sgeorge wrote:Hello again... I added the navbar to my forum but how can I make it for guests to include the "Log in" and when they sign in to say "Log Out"... Also the inbox not to be visible for guests but to be visible when a member logs in...

thank you...

Hi,

For that purpose you need to use javascript. I can't give away the script that we are using on this forum. I can just say that you can use javascript conditional statements to achieve that.

sgeorge

Registered Member
Registered Member
ankillien wrote:
sgeorge wrote:Hello again... I added the navbar to my forum but how can I make it for guests to include the "Log in" and when they sign in to say "Log Out"... Also the inbox not to be visible for guests but to be visible when a member logs in...

thank you...

Hi,

For that purpose you need to use javascript. I can't give away the script that we are using on this forum. I can just say that you can use javascript conditional statements to achieve that.

Ok no problem I will give it a try.but if I encounter errors can I gove you my code fpr corrections ?

blade99

blade99
Registered Member
Registered Member
i need for punbb now...

46how to add down down menu in forumotion - Page 2 Empty Re: how to add down down menu in forumotion Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:07 pm

ankillien

ankillien
Administrator
Administrator
blade99 wrote:i need for punbb now...

All the codes are available in previous posts. They will work in both phpBB2 and punBB.

blade99

blade99
Registered Member
Registered Member
@ankillien the how to add down down menu in forumotion - Page 2 Subnav_btn <--that are not showing and the subnav are not showing whats the problems on this?

sgeorge

Registered Member
Registered Member
How can I make the CSS to repeat the background of the navbar to be repeated left and right horizontally so the navbar will take all the screen horizontally or how can I center the hole navbar in the middle...?

THANK YOU again...!

Last edited by sgeorge on Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

blade99

blade99
Registered Member
Registered Member
bump...

blade99

blade99
Registered Member
Registered Member