WebArtz - The Web Design Forum
Welcome to WebArtz, Guest!

WebArtz is a nice place for discussions related to web designing and coding. We help our members to code their own website templates with HTML and CSS. We give them advice on various issues.

To know more about WebArtz Forum, visit the About Us page.

At the moment, you are viewing the forum as a guest. As a guest you can't make post and participate in discussions. You need to register and become a member of the forum. Click the register link below and become a part of this forum.

Thank You

WebArtz - The Web Design Forum
Welcome to WebArtz, Guest!

WebArtz is a nice place for discussions related to web designing and coding. We help our members to code their own website templates with HTML and CSS. We give them advice on various issues.

To know more about WebArtz Forum, visit the About Us page.

At the moment, you are viewing the forum as a guest. As a guest you can't make post and participate in discussions. You need to register and become a member of the forum. Click the register link below and become a part of this forum.

Thank You

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1why not javascript? Empty why not javascript? Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:59 pm

shamzblueworld

shamzblueworld
Registered Member
Registered Member
I was working on stylesheets the other day and I was doing same things in two different types, one with css and other with javascript.
I am only talking about as a stylesheet here, I believe and it is true too that javascript is easier than css.
the codes the methods and the ease of use, its all in favour of javascript stylesheet then why most of the people and also in most scripts there is css being used and not javascript?
any particular reason behind that?

2why not javascript? Empty Re: why not javascript? Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:38 pm

MrMega

MrMega
Registered Member
Registered Member
Javascript is hard, CSS is easier, IMO

3why not javascript? Empty Re: why not javascript? Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:31 pm

shamzblueworld

shamzblueworld
Registered Member
Registered Member
I dont think so, as a stylesheet javascript is lot easier than css

4why not javascript? Empty Re: why not javascript? Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:53 pm

ankillien

ankillien
Administrator
Administrator
Actually what you do with JavaScript is changing the CSS dynamically Wink
So after all you change the CSS of the page using JavaScript.

CSS is the base style of any page. You can surely change it directly via CSS sheet or via a JavaScript file.

And yes, JavaScript is not actually meant to style HTML pages. The main purpose of JS is to create dynamic and interactive pages for better user interface and do some object oriented programming.

Thats why people use CSS to style pages instead of JavaScript.

5why not javascript? Empty Re: why not javascript? Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:51 pm

shamzblueworld

shamzblueworld
Registered Member
Registered Member
I understand your point, actually I was thinking of forumotion's style of css, they can use javascript for the same purpose to ease the codings a bit because you know JS has easy codes than css regarding stylesheets.
anyways i got the point why js is not being used.

6why not javascript? Empty Re: why not javascript? Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:16 pm

bryanbell

Registered Member
Registered Member
From SEO point of view JavaScript does not read by the search engine spider. So it will become difficult for your site to get ranked in search engines. Also the loading time of the page with JavaScript is more than the page which uses CSS.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum