WebArtz - The Web Design Forum
Welcome to WebArtz, Guest!

WebArtz is a nice place for discussions related to web designing and coding. We help our members to code their own website templates with HTML and CSS. We give them advice on various issues.

To know more about WebArtz Forum, visit the About Us page.

At the moment, you are viewing the forum as a guest. As a guest you can't make post and participate in discussions. You need to register and become a member of the forum. Click the register link below and become a part of this forum.

Thank You

WebArtz - The Web Design Forum
Welcome to WebArtz, Guest!

WebArtz is a nice place for discussions related to web designing and coding. We help our members to code their own website templates with HTML and CSS. We give them advice on various issues.

To know more about WebArtz Forum, visit the About Us page.

At the moment, you are viewing the forum as a guest. As a guest you can't make post and participate in discussions. You need to register and become a member of the forum. Click the register link below and become a part of this forum.

Thank You

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1How to centre an image for all browsers? Empty How to centre an image for all browsers? Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:14 pm

lisa1302

Registered Member
Registered Member
Hi!!

I hope someone can help me here!

http://www.babiesandall.com/ you can see my flash banner at the top there - I have actually placed it in the header template and have a blank image (of the same dimensions as the swf) set as main logo in pics management...I have ended up doing it this way because for some reason if I put it in site description (as per tut on FM) it screwed up where everything else was.

So currently my div is this
<div id="toplogo">
<embed src="HTTP://www.babiesandall.co.uk/4thflashbanner.swf" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="700" height="270"></embed>
</div>

and my css
#toplogo {
position: absolute;
right: 250px;
top: 20px;
}

That places it central on my screens, but thats widescreen, and it doesn't sit central on another I checked scratch

How can I , if I can at all, get the image to sit 20px from the top and also be be central?

Thank you!!!!!!!

RockerMan

RockerMan
Technician
Technician
Remove the top and right properties and replace them with this:

Code:
margin: 0 auto;

Hope this helps,
Rob Wink

http://www.graphics-post.com/

lisa1302

Registered Member
Registered Member
thanks...but it just sat on the left when I did that scratch

peterlee

Registered Member
Registered Member
Yup indeed. Or you can install a manual image web viewer into the browser which allows user to customize the position of the image. You can view images wherever you want in the browser. Google it and have a try. I hope you success. Good luck.

Best regards,
Arron

5How to centre an image for all browsers? Empty Hope it helps... Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:12 pm

torsuntsu

torsuntsu
Registered Member
Registered Member
Try this:
#toplogo {
justify-content:center;
}

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum