WebArtz - The Web Design Forum
Welcome to WebArtz, Guest!

WebArtz is a nice place for discussions related to web designing and coding. We help our members to code their own website templates with HTML and CSS. We give them advice on various issues.

To know more about WebArtz Forum, visit the About Us page.

At the moment, you are viewing the forum as a guest. As a guest you can't make post and participate in discussions. You need to register and become a member of the forum. Click the register link below and become a part of this forum.

Thank You

WebArtz - The Web Design Forum
Welcome to WebArtz, Guest!

WebArtz is a nice place for discussions related to web designing and coding. We help our members to code their own website templates with HTML and CSS. We give them advice on various issues.

To know more about WebArtz Forum, visit the About Us page.

At the moment, you are viewing the forum as a guest. As a guest you can't make post and participate in discussions. You need to register and become a member of the forum. Click the register link below and become a part of this forum.

Thank You

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1IPS/vBulletin Empty IPS/vBulletin Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:07 am

Fatal Dawn

Registered Member
Registered Member
I've noticed quite some number of websites hosted on Invision Power Services. From what I've seen the features an IPBoard offers are quite nice, but other hosts offer many of the same features for less price. Where as some hosts offer cheap even free support IPS services are quite expensive. The same thing with vBulletin, consumers often put these pricey hosts into higher regard.

So are IPS and vBulletin really worth the hype and cost?

2IPS/vBulletin Empty Re: IPS/vBulletin Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:08 am

RockerMan

RockerMan
Technician
Technician
Yep, lol.

If you search around in here you will see a post I made about IPB Smile

http://www.graphics-post.com/

3IPS/vBulletin Empty Re: IPS/vBulletin Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:17 am

Fatal Dawn

Registered Member
Registered Member
RockerMan wrote:Yep, lol.

If you search around in here you will see a post I made about IPB Smile
My friend owns one in IPB and it really puts mine which uses myBB software to shame. lol

If I were to use a paid host I would use vBulletin though because I'm not liking the packages in IPS.

I saw your post and you said one of the things I wanted bring up. I didn't know if you get as much customization (in terms of display) like you would with myBB, php, etc.

4IPS/vBulletin Empty Re: IPS/vBulletin Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:49 am

RockerMan

RockerMan
Technician
Technician
You can get lots of customization, but when I made that post I had no knowlage of IPB styling and templates. But once I got into it, it was fairly easy to create a style Smile

I tried out vBulletin too, and the admin side of it is horrible. However the user UI is great!

My first choice would be IPB, once you get a bit more advanced with PHP & SQl, then I would suggest switching to vBullitin.

Also, you will not have to loose any members or posts (YAY!) Wink

http://www.graphics-post.com/

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]