WebArtz - The Web Design Forum
Welcome to WebArtz, Guest!

WebArtz is a nice place for discussions related to web designing and coding. We help our members to code their own website templates with HTML and CSS. We give them advice on various issues.

To know more about WebArtz Forum, visit the About Us page.

At the moment, you are viewing the forum as a guest. As a guest you can't make post and participate in discussions. You need to register and become a member of the forum. Click the register link below and become a part of this forum.

Thank You

WebArtz - The Web Design Forum
Welcome to WebArtz, Guest!

WebArtz is a nice place for discussions related to web designing and coding. We help our members to code their own website templates with HTML and CSS. We give them advice on various issues.

To know more about WebArtz Forum, visit the About Us page.

At the moment, you are viewing the forum as a guest. As a guest you can't make post and participate in discussions. You need to register and become a member of the forum. Click the register link below and become a part of this forum.

Thank You

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Graphics requests section Empty Graphics requests section Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:42 am

Zenith

Zenith
Registered Member
Registered Member
Man what happened? I remember this be a reliable site for that now wtfudge is up.

2Graphics requests section Empty Re: Graphics requests section Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:54 am

RockerMan

RockerMan
Technician
Technician
There's no active designer(s), at the moment.

http://www.graphics-post.com/

3Graphics requests section Empty Re: Graphics requests section Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:47 am

Zenith

Zenith
Registered Member
Registered Member
Why are there admins at a gfx site if they can't make graphics? It's like making a xbox 360 forum but I don't own a xbox

4Graphics requests section Empty Re: Graphics requests section Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:33 pm

Sanket

Sanket
Administrator
Administrator
They might be busy with personal work. We are thinking of what to do with the Graphics section.

http://www.webartzforum.com

5Graphics requests section Empty Re: Graphics requests section Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:18 pm

Zenith

Zenith
Registered Member
Registered Member
Personal work, but it has requests that haven't been replied to for weeks. That's terrible service. Personal work, this is your personal hobby. Am I right? So you can't work on a request for 5 minutes out of a day? Geez.

6Graphics requests section Empty Re: Graphics requests section Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:52 pm

Sanket

Sanket
Administrator
Administrator
They work voluntarily here. We are not a paid service Wink

If we charged members, then your post would have had some meaning. Please try to respect the staff members who work here. I will never tolerate someone saying anything bad about them. Hope you respect it !

7Graphics requests section Empty Re: Graphics requests section Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:06 am

Fatal Dawn

Registered Member
Registered Member
Then how about criticism coming from a former staff member? I no longer associate with the staff here. Part of it is the elitism here [there's a reason they don't allow non-staff to have sigs]. Someone had to take the staff down a peg, some of you talk like you have your head in the clouds. How do you expect voluntarism when you use us like tools [how's September's newsletter going by the way?]

You can't possibly deny how lousy the gfx section is. Remember WhiteSabbath who was a long-time supporter of WA? Walked right out the door: http://www.webartzforum.com/t2637-icon-creation-request

8Graphics requests section Empty Re: Graphics requests section Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:47 am

RockerMan

RockerMan
Technician
Technician
Someone has not had there Corn Flakes...

Graphic Requests, designer are not appreciated enough. That's why I stopped full-filling them. Most member only come here when they want something.

Staff on this forum also have a personal life. Me, I have a girlfriend, a kid, and a job. Most days that job take up around 12/13 hours. You've also gotta' think that designers are making top money doing this, and some of the requests coming in are just to much to ask for, with no cash exchanging hands!

As far as been used like tools, if you think that. The only job you've had is working on a forum. Start working in the real world my friend and you'll get a big surprise, like I mentioned in the above phase I am mostly working 12/13 shifts. Sunday night fly out to LA to be on set for 3 days, back to hotel to add meta data, sort & flag footage. So that's another 3 hours per day (hope you can count). Wednesday night I arrive back in Georgia, Thursday morning I'm in the post studio ALL DAY. Thankfully EnityFX is opening a new studio in LA, so I'll be located there from next month! But you know what? I wouldn't change a thing about it, because I love my job, get to hang out with some awesome people, have a laugh, awesome pay, and an occasional pi** up!

http://www.graphics-post.com/

9Graphics requests section Empty Re: Graphics requests section Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:08 am

ankillien

ankillien
Administrator
Administrator
Fatal Dawn wrote:Then how about criticism coming from a former staff member? I no longer associate with the staff here. Part of it is the elitism here [there's a reason they don't allow non-staff to have sigs].

There are reasons behind not allowing to have signatures. This is a web designing forum, why should we allow space to put large images and stupid text? It just spoils the look of topics and makes everything messy. I have seen forums where signs are always larger than the actual post! Thats why we don't allow sigs, especially when there is not use or need of it on this forum, is it? And another reason is to reduce spam and unwanted external links below every post.

The reason to allow staff signature is that they can spread some useful links easily. Have you ever noticed what kind of contest staff have in their sigs? There is nothing but some small sized images linked to some useful pages on this site Wink

We do not allow members to have sigs for their convenience only. Hope I cleared your doubts about sig thingy Smile

Fatal Dawn wrote:How do you expect voluntarism when you use us like tools [how's September's newsletter going by the way?]

You can't possibly deny how lousy the gfx section is. Remember WhiteSabbath who was a long-time supporter of WA? Walked right out the door: http://www.webartzforum.com/t2637-icon-creation-request

First of all, we provide a FREE GRAPHIC DESIGN services where the designer are volunteers. You cannot expect us to work like your slaves when you can't even pay!

If you are serious about your graphics needs, you need to either have patience or money. We never ask for money though Wink All we ask is to be patient because we do not have active designers right now.

We are trying to find a solution for the request section but commenting on slow service like this makes no sense, especially from a reputed member like you, Fatal Dawn!

EDIT :

Just look above at what RockerMan wrote! The guy work 12/13 hours a day and has a hectic schedule, still, he comes on webartz helps on coding and tries to complete graphic requests as much as possible. Its just his enthusiasm that makes him help others on this forum. I appreciate it, and everyone should.

If you want to help us as well, you do not need to have skills at coding and graphics, all you need is a calm mind and some patience Very Happy

------------------------

I'd like to clarify something here. Like every other graphics forum, we can not guarantee to fulfill your graphic requirements, because we have some limitations. Our designer staff is volunteer and they are not bound to do your requests. One must not expect us to work like slaves! We'll try our best to complete your requests. Its nothing but our enthusiasm that makes us work on graphics. If you find the service slow, please be patient and refrain from posting harsh comments like above.

Thank You Very Happy

10Graphics requests section Empty Re: Graphics requests section Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:46 am

Sanket

Sanket
Administrator
Administrator
Fatal Dawn wrote:Then how about criticism coming from a former staff member? I no longer associate with the staff here. Part of it is the elitism here [there's a reason they don't allow non-staff to have sigs]. Someone had to take the staff down a peg, some of you talk like you have your head in the clouds. How do you expect voluntarism when you use us like tools [how's September's newsletter going by the way?]

I am absolutely dishonored reading your post & disappointed to say the least.

If members leave forums for a unfinished request? I don't think i can say much. Consider 10% of unfinished request to 90% of completed requests in terms of overall html css problems.

Yes about the september newsletter i agree i should have taken it up with your departure. However, i have had personal things which can't be ignored at the moment. Its got to do with someone's life. People close to me, know what i am talking about. However, i am not here to discuss it with anyone!

Talking about elitism, you are absolutely wrong ! I don't think i have to explain anything to you on that.

Please stay on topic. If you have constructive suggestions related to the Graphic Section please do so. Other things are not required.

11Graphics requests section Empty Re: Graphics requests section Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:38 pm

Fatal Dawn

Registered Member
Registered Member
Who hasn't a personal life? To each his own.

The only job I've had is working here? What a bold and arrogant assumption. Even though you may hate me I sympathize with you Rockerman. After all you're one of the few (if only) staff member who is not staffed at forumotion. You have devoted a lot here, but how about the other staff? WebArtz is like some side-stop to them - they're all high-ranking members of the thriving forumotion support forums. Where do you think their loyalty lies? You tell me who is being used.

I am familiar with this real world you're referring to Rockerman. I spend hours going between Lancaster, PA and Towson, MD to go to school 7 days a week. I used to have more time during the summer where I would balance additional hours of backbreaking work in addition to studying, writing, and reading my schoolwork. Some days my stomach would hurt me so bad because I couldn't eat lunch or even breakfast (corn flakes?). I'm scared for my health which is not good at all, so it's not uncommon to spend time in the hospital or ER which interferes with my schedule and adds to a rather expensive medical bill. I still try to make time to do volunteer work at local parks and soup kitchen, because I feel volunteerism is important. Just like I thought it was important to avidly support Webartz. Not everything is about money, but I know everything comes down to money. So much for diplomacy - I don't expect you to understand my point of view...

The service is not slow, it's stagnant - which is one of the worst things for any community. Like Zenith said there is a large amount of old requests that are weeks even months old. A lot of times you can't be blamed, the OPs sometimes don't respond quickly enough. It's something that will eventually become apparent and will deter members seeking support and members offering support. How about an archives section for not only solved requests but also requests that have not been responded to within a certain amount of time?

It's honestly great that you have a free graphics section as many places do. However to completely rely on volunteerism, you'd need to offer some good incentives so the community can become self-sufficient. You build a support forum around people who are inclined to offer support. When you offer a service you should center it around people who can fulfill that service. If you hope the community can support itself through volunteer contributions than you'd better offer some really good incentives. It might have been a costly mistake to build a support forum and hope for the opposite that you'd attract a sturdy and reliable support base.

Last edited by Fatal Dawn on Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

12Graphics requests section Empty Re: Graphics requests section Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:52 pm

ankillien

ankillien
Administrator
Administrator
I can ask you to read my post (above) again or I'll write same words here again Wink

The designers are and will be volunteers. Our goal is not to make money but provide free help as much as possible to those who need, and meet like-minded people on the forum. So, we'll keep providing free service and hence we'll rely on volunteerism.

One must not treat the graphic request section like 'service provided by webartz forum'! This is an open forum where we provide space for members to make requests and allow other members to fulfill some of them if they want. Thats it. Our designers are not slaves and are not bound to work on requests. Its just their enthusiasm that can make them work Wink

There was a time when every small and big requests were completed within time (almost instantly) and now there is a time when we are in lack of active designers and the service is slow. Its just a matter of time. We are trying to get rid of the problems asap.

We are discussing about this issue in the staff room and we'll take an appropriate decision asap. Very Happy

Since there is nothing more to discuss, I think, it would be better to close this thread here.

Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions Very Happy If you have further thoughts on this, our PM boxes are open.

Topic Locked

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum