WebArtz - The Web Design Forum
Welcome to WebArtz, Guest!

WebArtz is a nice place for discussions related to web designing and coding. We help our members to code their own website templates with HTML and CSS. We give them advice on various issues.

To know more about WebArtz Forum, visit the About Us page.

At the moment, you are viewing the forum as a guest. As a guest you can't make post and participate in discussions. You need to register and become a member of the forum. Click the register link below and become a part of this forum.

Thank You

WebArtz - The Web Design Forum
Welcome to WebArtz, Guest!

WebArtz is a nice place for discussions related to web designing and coding. We help our members to code their own website templates with HTML and CSS. We give them advice on various issues.

To know more about WebArtz Forum, visit the About Us page.

At the moment, you are viewing the forum as a guest. As a guest you can't make post and participate in discussions. You need to register and become a member of the forum. Click the register link below and become a part of this forum.

Thank You

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1When working with HTML Empty When working with HTML Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:52 pm

kaynil

kaynil
Registered Member
Registered Member
Do you manually type all the codes or do you use a visual editor?

Do you have some basic template or do you start off from zero?

Have you always done it this way?

2When working with HTML Empty Re: When working with HTML Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:33 pm

ankillien

ankillien
Administrator
Administrator
When I was learning codes, I used visual editor but now I like to type codes.

I don't use any template to start from. I have created a simple HTML-CSS framework. I use it when I create a template.

kaynil, if you are not asking for any coding support in this topic, allow me to move it to Web Design Talk forum since this section is for coding support only.

3When working with HTML Empty Re: When working with HTML Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:58 pm

RockerMan

RockerMan
Technician
Technician
I gave someone the exact same advise I am about to give you, it's how I learned and how we are taught...

It is best to start from the bottom:
Learn the basics, get a free template, inspect the CSS and HTML and see what you can learn from it, do this with a few templates start with a basic one and then work your way upto a more advanced template. Once you think you know enough start designing a website of your own.

Rather then using a visual editor you can try and use a coding program such as E text Editor, Coda etc... This helps you alot as it hilights the syntax, alot easier to understand and learn. If you need any help please don't hessitate to PM me Smile

http://www.graphics-post.com/

4When working with HTML Empty Re: When working with HTML Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:12 pm

ankillien

ankillien
Administrator
Administrator
RockerMan wrote:It is best to start from the bottom:
Learn the basics, get a free template, inspect the CSS and HTML and see what you can learn from it, do this with a few templates start with a basic one and then work your way upto a more advanced template. Once you think you know enough start designing a website of your own.

Rather then using a visual editor you can try and use a coding program such as E text Editor, Coda etc... This helps you alot as it hilights the syntax, alot easier to understand and learn. If you need any help please don't hessitate to PM me Smile

I totally agree Smile

I have learnt from simple templates. I tried to figure what technique is used to achieve this layout. Gradually, I started modifying the templates and learned to create my own templates. I was still facing difficulties so I read lots of tutorials and blogs on specific topic and sharpened my skills.

Now I have pretty good knowledge of html and css. I can code my own templates easily Very Happy

5When working with HTML Empty Re: When working with HTML Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:19 pm

RockerMan

RockerMan
Technician
Technician
Good for you Very Happy

HTML and CSS is easy, if you know CSS you mainly know jQuery and if you know jQuery you can sortta' do PHP Razz

6When working with HTML Empty Re: When working with HTML Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:27 pm

ankillien

ankillien
Administrator
Administrator
RockerMan wrote:Good for you Very Happy

HTML and CSS is easy, if you know CSS you mainly know jQuery and if you know jQuery you can sortta' do PHP Razz

Yes, jQuery is so easy if you have good grip on CSS selectors Razz I have started learning it and its really fun to work with Very Happy

7When working with HTML Empty Re: When working with HTML Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:29 pm

RockerMan

RockerMan
Technician
Technician
It certinly is, you can achieve so much with jQuery Very Happy

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum