WebArtz - The Web Design Forum
Welcome to WebArtz, Guest!

WebArtz is a nice place for discussions related to web designing and coding. We help our members to code their own website templates with HTML and CSS. We give them advice on various issues.

To know more about WebArtz Forum, visit the About Us page.

At the moment, you are viewing the forum as a guest. As a guest you can't make post and participate in discussions. You need to register and become a member of the forum. Click the register link below and become a part of this forum.

Thank You

WebArtz - The Web Design Forum
Welcome to WebArtz, Guest!

WebArtz is a nice place for discussions related to web designing and coding. We help our members to code their own website templates with HTML and CSS. We give them advice on various issues.

To know more about WebArtz Forum, visit the About Us page.

At the moment, you are viewing the forum as a guest. As a guest you can't make post and participate in discussions. You need to register and become a member of the forum. Click the register link below and become a part of this forum.

Thank You

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Kasperx

Kasperx
Registered Member
Registered Member
Well I want to make a header like WA one, but with the nav where "Logged as NAME | My Account | Sign out" is.
So I would have: the logo where WA´s one is and the nav beside it stuck to right. I would basically need it all in css, if you guys/gals could teach me. Since im using phpBB3 is it posible just to use css? Or do I need template editing?

Thanks in advanced. ^^

By the way if I cant do it in phpBB3 then what version would you reccomend for template editing.

Axtrix

Axtrix
Registered Member
Registered Member
Its template editing. PHPBB2

Kasperx

Kasperx
Registered Member
Registered Member
Ok could someone explain exactly how to do it, also explain me the code so I actually understand it for future editing.
EDIT: I decided to change to punBB, id like to know how to do it with punBB.

Thanks once again.

Last edited by Kasperx on Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:09 am; edited 1 time in total

Unknown Data

Unknown Data
Registered Member
Registered Member
I would guess it can be done with a inner.html script Smile

http://woops.dk

Kasperx

Kasperx
Registered Member
Registered Member
Yeah, so some html for that and then psitioning with css I guess?
But id need to know how to call in the nav to move it from where it is. Im guessing it has some type of Atribute for handling right?

This would be just as easy in phpBB3 as it would be in PunBB. Add the HTML for the "member info box" in the announcement block, and use CSS to position it where you want. That's for a basic member info box. The member info box here on WebArtz has added features that require the use of javascript, even in templates.

So what I'm trying to say is, templates offer you no benefit when it comes to adding a member info box...

Kasperx

Kasperx
Registered Member
Registered Member
No im not just talking about adding a member info box, I want the whole nav in there.
Either way thanks, a great alternative.

Oh, OK...that's easy! For phpBB3, you just need some CSS:

Code:
#page-header {position:relative;}
ul.linklist.navlinks {position:absolute; top:TXX; right:RXX; background:#BGCOLOR;}
ul.linklist.navlinks li {display:block; line-height:LXX;}
You'll need to fill in #BGCOLOR, TXX, RXX, and LXX. For starters I'd suggest 5px for TXX and RXX, and 1.4em for LXX.

Kasperx

Kasperx
Registered Member
Registered Member
Ok awesome dion its looking good so far, so how can I get it to be horizontal nav and not a vertical nav. If you could help with that please.
Thanks mate.

If you want to see what a horizontal navbar looks like, remove the last line of CSS that I posted above.

Kasperx

Kasperx
Registered Member
Registered Member
Thanks a million this is solved thanks Dion.
Fast, quick and straight to the point. ^^
Cheers.

Glad I could help. Next time, remember that you're using phpBB3 -- its DOM/CSS is so much better than phpBB2 or PunBB that you can do things using CSS that would require major template manipulation on those boards!

Jophy

Jophy
Registered Member
Registered Member
Solved => Locked

http://www.socialtechforum.com/

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum