WebArtz - The Web Design Forum
Welcome to WebArtz, Guest!

WebArtz is a nice place for discussions related to web designing and coding. We help our members to code their own website templates with HTML and CSS. We give them advice on various issues.

To know more about WebArtz Forum, visit the About Us page.

At the moment, you are viewing the forum as a guest. As a guest you can't make post and participate in discussions. You need to register and become a member of the forum. Click the register link below and become a part of this forum.

Thank You

WebArtz - The Web Design Forum
Welcome to WebArtz, Guest!

WebArtz is a nice place for discussions related to web designing and coding. We help our members to code their own website templates with HTML and CSS. We give them advice on various issues.

To know more about WebArtz Forum, visit the About Us page.

At the moment, you are viewing the forum as a guest. As a guest you can't make post and participate in discussions. You need to register and become a member of the forum. Click the register link below and become a part of this forum.

Thank You

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Mr DarkHaxers2

Registered Member
Registered Member
How can i add a border around a text on GIMP, Here's an image wut im talking about

How can i add a border around a text on GIMP Lobster

You see the lobster font, you can see the border around the text how can i do this on GIMP

please help me

Mr.Joker

Mr.Joker
Mr. WebArtz
Mr. WebArtz
1. Get your image you want your text on. For this tutorial, I just have a basic wood background.
How can i add a border around a text on GIMP Textbo7
2. Type your text. check the box labeled "anti-aliasing" for a smoother transition. For the purposes of the tutorial, I chose a very simple white text, but you can use whatever you want.
How can i add a border around a text on GIMP Textmu9
3. Go to Layer > Layer boundary size. You'll want to have a boundary that is about double the current size, or so. You probably won't need that much, though. Unless you're trying for a really big border.
How can i add a border around a text on GIMP Textbo4How can i add a border around a text on GIMP Textez1
4. Go to Layer > Transparency > Alpha to selection on your text layer. This will put a selection around your text. Then go to Selct > grow. Depending on the size of your text, and your desired results, you may have to play around with the amount for a bit. For this tut, I chose 5 pixels.
How can i add a border around a text on GIMP Texthn6
5. Make a new transparent layer, and place it underneath the text layer. Select the color you want your outline to be as the foreground or background color. I chose black. Then go to edit > fill with bg/fg color, whichever has the color you want your outline to be. Then go to select > none, and there you have it!
How can i add a border around a text on GIMP Textml6

Thats first solution from Google.

Mr DarkHaxers2

Registered Member
Registered Member
I don't get number 5 i get confused

Mr.Joker

Mr.Joker
Mr. WebArtz
Mr. WebArtz
In step 5 you just have to create new layer, and that layer must be transparent which mean no color for backgournd. Then set that layer under the text layer. After you do that, pick any color you want and go to edit > fill with bg/fg color. After you do that do this: select > none.

Mr DarkHaxers2

Registered Member
Registered Member
It Still Don't i put the bg/fg color and it made the background black or white

Mr.Joker

Mr.Joker
Mr. WebArtz
Mr. WebArtz
Well i dont work in Gimp. I googled this. You should try the same.

Peter Michael

Registered Member
Registered Member
i don`t know much about it you should ask any one who know it very well..

webmaster3388

Registered Member
Registered Member
very nice answers,
I tried it once.

Pink Zebra Designs

http://www.pinkzebradesigns.com.au

arianna143

Registered Member
Registered Member
I'm not sure why people are telling you it can't be recolored because it can be. The quality of the image and its alignment has nothing to do with whether or not it can be recolored.

Select the inside square.
Shift+Select (add a second selection) for the area completely outside of the shape
Inverse selection - now only the outer border should be selected
Copy+Paste so that the border is duplicated onto its own layer
Layer > Style > Color or Gradient Overlay depending on what you're trying to do.

http://www.61designstreet.com/

tairoylance112

Registered Member
Registered Member
Go to Layer > Transparency > Alpha to selection on your text layer. This will put a selection around your text. Then go to Selct > grow. Depending on the size of your text, and your desired results, you may have to play around with the amount for a bit. For this tut, I chose 5 pixels.

Posted Image

Make a new transparent layer, and place it underneath the text layer. Select the color you want your outline to be as the foreground or background color. I chose black. Then go to edit > fill with bg/fg color, whichever has the color you want your outline to be. Then go to select > none, and there you have it!

waheatha123

Registered Member
Registered Member
Step 1:
Open the image where you want to put text. I am using default white background for this tutorial.
Select the text tool and type your text. I will recommend that you should check the “Anti aliasing” box as it will make edges of the text smooth and it will look good. I will be placing outline around the text “Gabrics”.
Step 2:
Go to Layer > Transparency > Alpha to selection. This will make a selection around your text. Now go to Select > Grow. A small window will open where you will choose the border/outline size in pixel. I am setting it to 3 pixel. You may have to choose a higher size if the text is very large.
Step 3:
Go to Layers > New layer and make a new transparent layer. Place this new layer below the text layer as shown below.
Step 4:
Now select the color of your outline and go to Edit and select Fill with FG color. You can select fill with BG color and pattern as well.
Now deselect your text by pressing Ctrl+Shift+A or go to Select > None to see the outline around your text.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum