WebArtz - The Web Design Forum
Welcome to WebArtz, Guest!

WebArtz is a nice place for discussions related to web designing and coding. We help our members to code their own website templates with HTML and CSS. We give them advice on various issues.

To know more about WebArtz Forum, visit the About Us page.

At the moment, you are viewing the forum as a guest. As a guest you can't make post and participate in discussions. You need to register and become a member of the forum. Click the register link below and become a part of this forum.

Thank You

WebArtz - The Web Design Forum
Welcome to WebArtz, Guest!

WebArtz is a nice place for discussions related to web designing and coding. We help our members to code their own website templates with HTML and CSS. We give them advice on various issues.

To know more about WebArtz Forum, visit the About Us page.

At the moment, you are viewing the forum as a guest. As a guest you can't make post and participate in discussions. You need to register and become a member of the forum. Click the register link below and become a part of this forum.

Thank You

You are not connected. Please login or register

Linux or Windows?

Linux or Windows - which is better? Vote_lcap25%Linux or Windows - which is better? Vote_rcap 25% [ 1 ]
Linux or Windows - which is better? Vote_lcap75%Linux or Windows - which is better? Vote_rcap 75% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Linux or Windows - which is better? Empty Linux or Windows - which is better? Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:58 am

RSguideMaker

RSguideMaker
Registered Member
Registered Member
OK. I'm planning on getting a new blank hard drive planted in my laptop, but I was wondering which operating system was better. I'm running Windows Vistaâ„¢ Home Basic, but I don't currently have any installation disks. I was planning on buying the latest Linux disk or the latest Windows disk, depending which you guys think is the best operating system. I can't decide which one to get, as they both have their pros and cons. So I now hand over to you, the people of WebArtz Forum.

2Linux or Windows - which is better? Empty Re: Linux or Windows - which is better? Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:04 am

Sanket

Sanket
Administrator
Administrator
I would say windows.

http://www.webartzforum.com

3Linux or Windows - which is better? Empty Re: Linux or Windows - which is better? Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:25 am

ankillien

ankillien
Administrator
Administrator
I realized how powerful and user-friendly windows is, after I tried linux (ubuntu) for couple of days Razz

As per me, windows is a lot better.

4Linux or Windows - which is better? Empty Re: Linux or Windows - which is better? Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:29 pm

Sanket

Sanket
Administrator
Administrator
ankillien wrote:I realized how powerful and user-friendly windows is, after I tried linux (ubuntu) for couple of days Razz

The only good part about Linux is you don't have to install it to use it. So i basically use it when my windows gets corrupted due to viruses or something, just put in the linux cd & get the data backed up to a hard drive & then reinstall windows.

5Linux or Windows - which is better? Empty Re: Linux or Windows - which is better? Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:06 pm

RSguideMaker

RSguideMaker
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sanket wrote:
ankillien wrote:I realized how powerful and user-friendly windows is, after I tried linux (ubuntu) for couple of days Razz

The only good part about Linux is you don't have to install it to use it. So i basically use it when my windows gets corrupted due to viruses or something, just put in the linux cd & get the data backed up to a hard drive & then reinstall windows.

So, what you're saying is, it's best to have both. Windows as Primary and Linux as backup.

Good to know. Will also get it narrowed down to which forum goes for which. I posted this here and at How-to-Geek to get two forums answering my question.

6Linux or Windows - which is better? Empty Re: Linux or Windows - which is better? Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:55 am

Sanket

Sanket
Administrator
Administrator
Its good to have a UBuntu CD handy.

7Linux or Windows - which is better? Empty Re: Linux or Windows - which is better? Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:00 am

RSguideMaker

RSguideMaker
Registered Member
Registered Member
Will burn myself one tomorrow. Do you just double click on the .iso file to burn it to a DVD?

8Linux or Windows - which is better? Empty Re: Linux or Windows - which is better? Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:09 am

Sanket

Sanket
Administrator
Administrator
http://www.ubuntu.com/download/ubuntu/download

9Linux or Windows - which is better? Empty Re: Linux or Windows - which is better? Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:23 am

Mr.Joker

Mr.Joker
Mr. WebArtz
Mr. WebArtz
Umm the reason why Windows is ebtter by my opinion is because it exists so much longer then Linux. Linux is free source OS and it take time to develop. On Windows work so many good programers. Also if someone saw Windows 8 he will never ever think about Linux xD . And one more advantage is that there are sooooo many games for Windows and almoust none for Linux xD

10Linux or Windows - which is better? Empty Re: Linux or Windows - which is better? Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:55 am

RSguideMaker

RSguideMaker
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sanket wrote:http://www.ubuntu.com/download/ubuntu/download

Sanket. You sent the link, and it says on there to download a program called ISO Recorder, but my laptop came with CyberLink Power2Go pre-installed, so should I just use that or should I download ISO Recorder?

11Linux or Windows - which is better? Empty Re: Linux or Windows - which is better? Sun May 06, 2012 3:04 pm

RSguideMaker

RSguideMaker
Registered Member
Registered Member
OK. I was broke so I couldn't buy a HDD or any disks, which meant the only installation disks I had were PuppyLinux and Linux Ubuntu. My Windows then stopped working, so I ended up having to ditch Windows. Ubuntu is now my OS on my laptop, but the other computers in my house are either running Windows XP or Windows 7.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum