WebArtz - The Web Design Forum
Welcome to WebArtz, Guest!

WebArtz is a nice place for discussions related to web designing and coding. We help our members to code their own website templates with HTML and CSS. We give them advice on various issues.

To know more about WebArtz Forum, visit the About Us page.

At the moment, you are viewing the forum as a guest. As a guest you can't make post and participate in discussions. You need to register and become a member of the forum. Click the register link below and become a part of this forum.

Thank You

WebArtz - The Web Design Forum
Welcome to WebArtz, Guest!

WebArtz is a nice place for discussions related to web designing and coding. We help our members to code their own website templates with HTML and CSS. We give them advice on various issues.

To know more about WebArtz Forum, visit the About Us page.

At the moment, you are viewing the forum as a guest. As a guest you can't make post and participate in discussions. You need to register and become a member of the forum. Click the register link below and become a part of this forum.

Thank You

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mac or Windows?

Windows or Mac - Which is better? Vote_lcap38%Windows or Mac - Which is better? Vote_rcap 38% [ 3 ]
Windows or Mac - Which is better? Vote_lcap62%Windows or Mac - Which is better? Vote_rcap 62% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 8

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Windows or Mac - Which is better? Empty Windows or Mac - Which is better? Fri May 11, 2012 12:18 am

RSguideMaker

RSguideMaker
Registered Member
Registered Member
OK. I already posted a thread asking Linux or Windows, to which I installed Linux. But I really need a new laptop completely, so now I hand over to the people of WebArtz once again, to decide whether Windows or Mac is better! Once you have voted, can you comment to say which one you voted for?

2Windows or Mac - Which is better? Empty Re: Windows or Mac - Which is better? Fri May 11, 2012 2:30 am

Unknown Data

Unknown Data
Registered Member
Registered Member
Voted for Mac.

- It's OS is more manageable
- Viruses is nearly impossible to catch
- Mac OS X uses less resources
- Stability is a lot better
- In long term is it cheaper (due to the difference of their individual lifetime)

http://woops.dk

3Windows or Mac - Which is better? Empty Re: Windows or Mac - Which is better? Fri May 11, 2012 2:46 am

RSguideMaker

RSguideMaker
Registered Member
Registered Member
I thought that Mac was better, which is why I voted for Mac. I just need opinions of other people before I get a new laptop.

4Windows or Mac - Which is better? Empty Re: Windows or Mac - Which is better? Fri May 11, 2012 1:15 pm

Sanket

Sanket
Administrator
Administrator
I haven't really used Mac. I am comfortable using Windows. So i voted for Windows. When i use Mac, i could change my mind. lol

http://www.webartzforum.com

5Windows or Mac - Which is better? Empty Re: Windows or Mac - Which is better? Fri May 11, 2012 1:36 pm

RSguideMaker

RSguideMaker
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sanket wrote:I haven't really used Mac. I am comfortable using Windows. So i voted for Windows. When i use Mac, i could change my mind. lol

Haha fair point. Can't really vote for something you haven't tried (unless you know the other option SUCKS!)

Just like Justin Bieber or One Direction. Never heard One Direction but I know Justin Bieber's an auto-tuned fag who can't reach puberty, so I would go for One Direction.

6Windows or Mac - Which is better? Empty Re: Windows or Mac - Which is better? Fri May 11, 2012 8:55 pm

ankillien

ankillien
Administrator
Administrator
Mac is better at some points as stated by UnknownData above. But Windows works fine as well. Windows 7 is just perfect.

If price matters for you, better go with Windows as it comes at lower price.

7Windows or Mac - Which is better? Empty Re: Windows or Mac - Which is better? Fri May 11, 2012 10:25 pm

RSguideMaker

RSguideMaker
Registered Member
Registered Member
ankillien wrote:Mac is better at some points as stated by UnknownData above. But Windows works fine as well. Windows 7 is just perfect.

If price matters for you, better go with Windows as it comes at lower price.

I can't afford either at the minute, but I've put some ads around for some jobs I could do for people to get the cash together for the laptop. So I don't really think that the price would be a problem at the minute, but if price does end up being a PITA, then I know I can just go for Windows. The cheapest Windows 7 laptop I could get from PC World is roughly £300 and the cheapest Macbook I could get from PC world is roughly £750.

Price doesn't matter at the moment, but if it ends up being a pain, then I'll post to say my budget. My current budget is £1K

8Windows or Mac - Which is better? Empty Re: Windows or Mac - Which is better? Tue May 15, 2012 1:39 am

Akkii

Akkii
Registered Member
Registered Member
I vote for Windows Smile

http://www.overflowforum.com

9Windows or Mac - Which is better? Empty Re: Windows or Mac - Which is better? Tue May 15, 2012 11:03 pm

RSguideMaker

RSguideMaker
Registered Member
Registered Member
Well Windows is winning atm. This will run until the 1st June 2012, and that is when I will decide. After I have made the decision post, I would like an admin/mod to lock this post.

The deciding post will have a table like this in it:

Mac | (The number of votes)

Windows | (The number of votes)

10Windows or Mac - Which is better? Empty Re: Windows or Mac - Which is better? Wed May 30, 2012 6:53 pm

theunknowndesigner

theunknowndesigner
Registered Member
Registered Member
It depends on what its for

But Im pro Windows

http://www.poindexterworld.net/

11Windows or Mac - Which is better? Empty Re: Windows or Mac - Which is better? Thu May 31, 2012 1:14 am

RSguideMaker

RSguideMaker
Registered Member
Registered Member
Ah screw it. It's close enough to the 1st June 2012, so I might as well get the post closed today. Looks like Windows has won. The final results are this:

Mac | 3

Windows | 5

Windows won by two points.

Admins, please close this thread.

12Windows or Mac - Which is better? Empty Re: Windows or Mac - Which is better? Thu May 31, 2012 1:33 am

RockerMan

RockerMan
Technician
Technician
Don't use bold/color font, it's for staff Wink

Depending on what you will be doing on the laptop will reflect what to choose.

Mac, best device out there for anything production related (graphics, video & photography)

Windows, can be very powerful so good for some production work such as 3D, but main use is gaming.

http://www.graphics-post.com/

13Windows or Mac - Which is better? Empty Re: Windows or Mac - Which is better? Thu May 31, 2012 1:41 am

RSguideMaker

RSguideMaker
Registered Member
Registered Member
According to Ankillien, I can use any color but red:

Ankillien wrote:Please avoid using red bold text as it is used for moderation. You can use other colors for highlighting Smile

Click here for where Ankillien said it.

EDIT: By the way, Photoshop was originally made for Windows, and it seems to work a lot better. I think it would be best on windows, but maybe I could use WINE?

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum