WebArtz - The Web Design Forum
Welcome to WebArtz, Guest!

WebArtz is a nice place for discussions related to web designing and coding. We help our members to code their own website templates with HTML and CSS. We give them advice on various issues.

To know more about WebArtz Forum, visit the About Us page.

At the moment, you are viewing the forum as a guest. As a guest you can't make post and participate in discussions. You need to register and become a member of the forum. Click the register link below and become a part of this forum.

Thank You

WebArtz - The Web Design Forum
Welcome to WebArtz, Guest!

WebArtz is a nice place for discussions related to web designing and coding. We help our members to code their own website templates with HTML and CSS. We give them advice on various issues.

To know more about WebArtz Forum, visit the About Us page.

At the moment, you are viewing the forum as a guest. As a guest you can't make post and participate in discussions. You need to register and become a member of the forum. Click the register link below and become a part of this forum.

Thank You

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Appropriate Browser For Your Website Empty Appropriate Browser For Your Website Tue May 24, 2011 12:59 pm

webmaster98

Registered Member
Registered Member
I am going to develop a new website for my company. Can anyone suggest me how would I decide which browser my company's web design should support? Question

http://www.webguru-india.com/

2Appropriate Browser For Your Website Empty Re: Appropriate Browser For Your Website Tue May 24, 2011 1:51 pm

Sanket

Sanket
Administrator
Administrator
Firefox?

http://www.webartzforum.com

3Appropriate Browser For Your Website Empty Re: Appropriate Browser For Your Website Tue May 24, 2011 7:06 pm

Fatal Dawn

Registered Member
Registered Member
I would actually argue IE (Internet Explorer) - version 8. For one it's the default web browser for Windows operating systems and almost half of all web users use this. Firefox is a close runner and it's catching up fast especially in areas overseas. Safari and Opera are out of the question in terms of popularity, and Chrome although really nice IMO, hasn't caught up to IE and FF. Your design should also support mobile users.

The display will also differ. Firefox gives you more web page viewing space so that you can see more than you would with other browsers. The main difference that you'll see is that Internet Explorer has gray behind its images, Firefox doesn't.

Heres a visual difference:

Appropriate Browser For Your Website MSN_Fx-250x185
FireFox view

Appropriate Browser For Your Website MSN_IE-250x172
Internet Explorer view

4Appropriate Browser For Your Website Empty Re: Appropriate Browser For Your Website Tue May 31, 2011 6:29 pm

RockerMan

RockerMan
Technician
Technician
Build for Firefox and fix for IE and other browsers.

Most of the code your going to use will transfer over to IE exept CSS3 and a few other advanced bits of code. Just be sure to include the PNG hack for IE.

Also, if you really want CSS3 you can develop a script to show in IE rather easily. If you want to display CSS3 font-face you can use a script called Cuffon.

IE is not a good foundation, so always start with a well structured browser Wink

http://www.graphics-post.com/

5Appropriate Browser For Your Website Empty Re: Appropriate Browser For Your Website Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:33 pm

Hunny

Registered Member
Registered Member
Dawn wrote:I would actually argue IE (Internet Explorer) - version 8. For one it's the default web browser for Windows operating systems and almost half of all web users use this. Firefox is a close runner and it's catching up fast especially in areas overseas. Safari and Opera are out of the question in terms of popularity, and Chrome although really nice IMO, hasn't caught up to IE and FF. Your design should also support mobile users.

The display will also differ. Firefox gives you more web page viewing space so that you can see more than you would with other browsers. The main difference that you'll see is that Internet Explorer has gray behind its images, Firefox doesn't.

Heres a visual difference:

Appropriate Browser For Your Website MSN_Fx-250x185
FireFox view

Appropriate Browser For Your Website MSN_IE-250x172
Internet Explorer view

I'm surprised to hear IE is number one. I really thought Firefox would have stolen the lead by now, because
1-IE crashes and seizes constantly (or it did back when that caused me to abandon it)(Have they fixed it?)
2-it gets attacked most often
3-it isn't open-source freeware, so it can contain a lot of spyware and tricks, and we wouldn't even be able to know.

Me, just on principle (and you may assign a higher priority to profit and success, which is understandable), but just on principle, since Microsoft is monopolistic, and so we need some alternatives to it; and since Firefox is superior anyway --> I would design for Firefox, and tell customers they have to install Firefox. (he he) (Well, it doe make me chuckle because that's the kind of thing MS did to steal and keep first position unfairly, so phooey on Microsoft, and let's support some competition in the marketplace for ourselves.

But that's just me. I'm a rebel!

geek

6Appropriate Browser For Your Website Empty Re: Appropriate Browser For Your Website Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:31 pm

pia78

Registered Member
Registered Member
firefox should be the best choice...

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum