WebArtz - The Web Design Forum
Welcome to WebArtz, Guest!

WebArtz is a nice place for discussions related to web designing and coding. We help our members to code their own website templates with HTML and CSS. We give them advice on various issues.

To know more about WebArtz Forum, visit the About Us page.

At the moment, you are viewing the forum as a guest. As a guest you can't make post and participate in discussions. You need to register and become a member of the forum. Click the register link below and become a part of this forum.

Thank You

WebArtz - The Web Design Forum
Welcome to WebArtz, Guest!

WebArtz is a nice place for discussions related to web designing and coding. We help our members to code their own website templates with HTML and CSS. We give them advice on various issues.

To know more about WebArtz Forum, visit the About Us page.

At the moment, you are viewing the forum as a guest. As a guest you can't make post and participate in discussions. You need to register and become a member of the forum. Click the register link below and become a part of this forum.

Thank You

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Website design competition Empty Website design competition Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:47 pm

Okay so i am going to tell you a story that happened in reality and i am really dissapointed with Suspect

It was morning at school,we had lessons at the computers class...our computer proffessor announced something interesting....a web design page competition at South Greece! Smile I said Damn i have to take part at this one! Very Happy I asked my proffessor if i can take part and he said that he already send a notification with my entry....he had already saw freshy designs page (he saw the old versions of it and not the current JQuery one Wink ) and he said it was bad and it was emrty Evil or Very Mad .Dude i am the only student in my school who EVEN knows what HTML means and he said it is bad....god! cyclops
When i made a concept of the current Freshy Designs version,i asked him if i can take part with that one.He said that this will not be a good entry and he will make one himself No .He had designed our school page and the only thing i can say is that the page contains only basic HTML tables and not even use of CSS! Shocked .I told him that i wont go to the comptetition because he didnt want my concept..he said No!You have to go or i will punish yoU!"Damn are you joking do you think you will win with a basic Tables page" i said inside my mind..

and yes finnally the comp day has come..i went to the comp area and i saw some fool classmates of my school presenting the professor's HTML page and said that that they did it themselves!They were reading a paper and said it took them many time and they used Dreamweaver....THEY DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT BROWSER MEANS!Damn i said again in my mind!!!!Are you joking mr Proffessor? Suspect .There was a greek woman from microsoft and presented the competition.She was asking some questions about web design and i was the only one who was replying(all the others were looking at me like i was an allien).The funny thing is when she asked "What browser do you use to suft the net?" .All guys said Internet Explorer.When she asked me,i told her "Firefox and Safari!Explorer is the worst browser ever it doesnt support CSS3!" She looked at me like i robbed her house Shocked .

The results

All competitors projects were just basic HTML pages
The position of my school? 19/20.....no comment...
What the winner got?
1st place 500 Euros
2nd place 300 Euros
3rd place 100 Euros

when i am thinking that i could easily win by submitting my Freshy Designs page!!!!!!!!!!
You Proffessor!!!! Shoot Beaten up Shocked

2Website design competition Empty Re: Website design competition Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:57 pm

Sanket

Sanket
Administrator
Administrator
Well i guess the students shared their prizes with the professor. Thats really sad, you should've complained.

Last edited by Sanket on Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:03 am; edited 1 time in total

http://www.webartzforum.com

3Website design competition Empty Re: Website design competition Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:01 am

Sanket wrote:Well i guess the students shared their prizes with the professor.
I think the same,i didnt stay at the award ceremony and left because i was pissed off.
Thats really say, you should've complained.

I didnt want to start a flame war with my professor.
It was just unfair,because i had a chance to prove what i have been learning all these years at the time where other students were eating bananas up a tree and lighting fire with wood.... No

4Website design competition Empty Re: Website design competition Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:04 am

Sanket

Sanket
Administrator
Administrator
Well, should not complain to the professor. But some higher authority.
I would have never taken up such injustice that too in class.

http://www.webartzforum.com

5Website design competition Empty Re: Website design competition Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:08 am

it was just unfair! Crazy?

6Website design competition Empty Re: Website design competition Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:46 am

ankillien

ankillien
Administrator
Administrator
Crap! Thats really disappointing.

7Website design competition Empty Re: Website design competition Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:56 pm

just to let you know,all winning websites are just basic html tables Sad
Sad

8Website design competition Empty Re: Website design competition Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:18 pm

ankillien

ankillien
Administrator
Administrator
The professor must be ignorant Razz Forgive them for their ignorance.

How can someone arrange a web design contest who doesn't even know about CSS?

I've also seen some people who never knew what CSS is but they call themselves web designers confused

9Website design competition Empty Re: Website design competition Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:58 pm

YanOri

YanOri
Registered Member
Registered Member
ankillien wrote:Crap! Thats really disappointing.

yep ...

@nick,
forget it, they don't deserve to have a look into your creation.

10Website design competition Empty Re: Website design competition Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:26 pm

Dazation

Dazation
Registered Member
Registered Member
wow that's really sad.
You must have one hell of a despicable computing teacher, you should teach the teacher Very Happy

They don't deserve to know how awesome you are at any sort of coding seeing as they don't even know what HTML stands for....

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum